The Pitch

*All fiction*
Like every good story, let's start from the beginning.

Hi, I'm Y/N. I'm 23 and I'm  working as a writer for an advertising agency in Seoul. I recently transferred here from (whatever country you are from.) for a fresh start. You might be wondering --  how can a foreigner work for an ad agency? Well I learned how to speak Korean when I started listening to kpop at an early age. I fell in love with it and it never left my life.

Well anyway, so what's up? Oh, right.

So here's my story...

My day started out normal. Like any other day I started my day with a morning commute on the way to work. Once I got there, started checking my emails, watching YouTube (admit it you do it too), working on leftover work from the day prior. It's the usual.

But on this particular day, something unexpected happened. Me and my team got a brief.

What's a brief?

Oh, a brief is a term we use for projects that brands wants us to do for them. It can be a TV commercial, or anything else really.

Well this brief really caught my eye. It's for a big soda brand, they wanted us to do a campaign for them. It's  a big deal considering the many soda brands out there. And they wanted us to use an endorser for our ideas. Great, it makes our job easier. But what's even greater is, they chose which endorsers to use, and they went with TWICE.

I love TWICE. I low key moved to Korea just for a chance to work with them. It's finally happening!

I worked tirelessly for this pitch. I came up with my most "creative" work I could come up with. The ideas were set, everything was ready, the presentation is ready for the clients. After a countless hours of work; and days of overtime; the day has come.

I was tasked to sell the pitch to the clients with my partner art director. We were in the client's meeting room anxiously waiting as we go through our presentation one last time. One by one the clients came in. We shook their hands as they sat down.

When everyone was settled, there were  9 empty chairs at the back. The marketing director then said, "By the way, since TWICE is a big name globally, they wanted to make sure that what you're presenting today is in line with their branding. So, TWICE will also be joining us this afternoon."

The conference door opens. And TWICE entered the room full of grace. They all sat down as I stare internally fanboying as I try to keep my cool. I made I contact with one of them, it was Sana. She smiled at me, and gave me a little "fighting" as she giggles. Damn, was she ever so cute.

The marketing director gave me the go signal to start the presentation. I stood up, said my hellos and went on with the pitch. I presented them our ideas, I wouldn't bore you with the details though. The presentation went smoothly, everyone was engaged --- even TWICE! They laughed when I cracked jokes, they were sad when I told sad stories, they were touched when I told heartwarming stories. The presentation comes to an end. The clients gave their comments. It was a snoozefest to be quite honest. And seriously, how could I ever listen to them when 9 of my favorite women in the world are few feet away from me?

As far as I can tell they OK'd something. Great! But then, Jihyo had something to say. Oh god, ha, pun intended.

She asks, "Y/N, right?"
"Yes." I answered.

"You seem to know a lot about us, it's shown in the stories you presented. I could see how ONCE would like this commercial. However, how do you think this ad would work for non ONCEs?" She asked.

"Well, to be honest I see majority of the ads using idols or actors as endorsers to just simply be an announcer or a spokesperson of a brand.They're just there to sell you something.  But the ideas we presented tell a story that shows humanity, that shows heart." I said, as everyone in the room nodded. "and I think personally, that's the beauty of the nine of you. You're more than just a pretty face who could dance and sing very well. You all have your stories to tell, and why not tell it with this brand?" I added.

Jihyo smiled as I tried to remain calm. Satisfied with my answer, the members voted on which idea to go with as Jihyo gives the final blessing on which one to go with. The meeting ends as we shook hands for one last time. The clients started leaving, as I stand to shake the hands of TWICE, I was pushing my luck to be honest. But I got to do it!

"Great job on that presentation, Y/N." Mina said.
"Yaaa, I can't tell who's your bias. But great job on that SaiDa pun." Dahyun added.

I smiled as I got the approval of TWICE.

They all got up and started to exit the meeting room. Jihyo was the last one inside. She tapped my shoulder and made conversation.

"I really liked what you said back there. You sound smart and fluent too." She said.

"It's nothing really, it's my job to come up with this stuff."

"Thank you, for thinking of us of being more than just a pretty face."

"Of course."

"This may sound too forward, but would you mind giving me your number?"

Yup, she said that. My mind went into overdrive to suddenly stopped working. I was dumbfounded, I needed to come up with an answer soon or this could get awkward.

"Sure!" I managed to say. As I gave her my number. She didn't give me back hers, though.

"Thanks, I'll stay in touch." She said touching my shoulder as she walked towards the exit. My partner was waving at me outside the meeting room.

I was walking on cloud nine. I successfully met TWICE, pitched them ideas, and Jihyo asked me for my number? What a great day, or so I thought.

We went back to the office to finish some of our work. I kept checking my phone to see if Jihyo was going to call, text, or what. Day turned into night, not a single notification. Oh well, it was a long shot anyway. The team packed up, we all called it a day. The commute was quiet for me. I went home as I looked back on what a crazy day it has been.

I cooked and ate dinner while watching Netflix. I kept looking at my phone every now and then to see if a message was sent. The evening was winding down, I took a bath, put on my PJs, and went to my bed. I was scrolling through my feed. When a message from an unknown number pops up.

"Y/N? Are you up?" the text reads.

"I'm sorry, who's this?" I replied.

"Oh, sorry. It's Park Jihyo...you know from TWICE?"

Right, I've been waiting all day for this and I just mess it up like that.

"OH, my bad, yes I'm up. What's up?" I replied.

"I'm just bored here at our dorm, I needed someone to talk to. You seemed interesting, do you mind if I call?" She asked. As if I mind if  the leader of my favorite girl group calls me late at night,

"Of course!" I replied.

We then talked for hours, getting to know one another, well her getting to know me mostly. Their lives are well known to the public. But every now and then she tells me things that no fan would know.

The topic got personal, and even intimate. Maybe too intimate.

She asked me for a video call. I kind of hesitated, but ultimately gave in.

The video turns on, and she gives me a smirk.

"Hi."

"Hi, Y/N."

"You know, you sounded sexy earlier." She said.

Bro....