What is Love?

A/N: Couldn't think of a slogan appropriate for this chapter so...

----

What a week it has been. My team finalized ideas for the pitch we're about to present to division 3 for TWICE's new branding this upcoming comeback. It was stressful but so gratifying. It's a Friday, which means overtime work for me.

I'm a very work-driven person. I like to finish work as much as I can so I can enjoy my weekends. So as you can imagine, everybody from the office went home and I'm stuck in my desk. It was quiet yet the stuff Chaeyoung bought for me kept me company. I was working on different projects simultaneously, the GOT7 one, TWICE's, and now ITZY and Day6's. I had to come up with ideas before Monday so I'm prepared. It was 5 minutes past 12 when I realized I haven't eaten yet. I called it a night  after an hour of focused work and went straight home.

Once I got home there was food left on the counter and someone sleeping in my couch. It was Jihyo. Confused, I woke her up and asked why she was here.

"I was going to surprise you, you did well on your first week." She said while rubbing her eyes.

"That's sweet, have you eaten yet?" I asked.

"I was waiting for you, I brought fried chicken, and beer is on the fridge." She said as she heads for the countertop in the kitchen. She pulls out the beer from the fridge and opens it. She pours one on a tall glass and hands me one while I come join her.

"Thanks, Jihyo." I said. I took a bite of the chicken which was surprisingly still warm. She grabs one too and we ate dinner, well, technically midnight snack.

"Y/N, I have to ask, are you enjoying our company so far?"
Jihyo asked.

"You mean, JYP? Yeah, it's a pretty cool gig if you ask me." I said jokingly as I took another bite of the chicken and a sip of the beer.

"No, stupid. I mean us, the girls." Jihyo said with a glaring stare.

"Yeah, of course. Originally I thought you were just going to use me as a way to, ehem, release your stress. But over the past few weeks we became good friends, at least I feel like we've became good friends." I answered.

"I'm happy you feel the same way. The girls have grown fond of you. We talk about you a lot. Not just the sex stuff but of how good of a friend you are." She said.

"You talk about the sex stuff?" I joked.

"That's your takeaway? I thought you were smarter than that. Idiot." She said while laughing.  We finished the meal and emptied the bottle of beer in the fridge. We sat on the couch after and opened the bottle of whiskey I have. We continued to talk late into the night.

"Do you think you'll ever fall for one of us?" She asked.

"Who wouldn't." I said.

"So you have feelings for one of us?" She followed up.

"Not at the moment." I said. She pouted, not satisfied with the answer she pounced on to me.

"You sure about that, Y/N?" She said.

"Are we really going to have drunk sex, Park Jihyo?" I said to her as she gets off me.

"Kill joy." She said while pouring another shot of whiskey into her glass.

"It's not that I wouldn't want to. It's just that, fooling around with you nine is one thing, but falling for one of you is different. I've fallen in love before, and it's a different thing."
I opened up.

"I understand."

"Love is different, love is more than just one thing. It's caring, it's the feeling of wanting to wake up to someone and see them again late at night. It's giving them medicine when they're sick. It's making them happy when they're sad, I couldn't explain it. I couldn't explain..."

"What is love."
I continued while doing the what is love dance move.

"You're not that funny." She said. We went up to my room with the bottle of whiskey and went into my balcony to gaze into the stars. We set up a small blanket and sat there. She placed her head on my shoulder while looking up.

"Love is falling for someone you wouldn't expect, but it kinda happens. It's comfort, it's simple." I said and Jihyo leaned in for a kiss.

"Is that what love is?"  She asked.

"If it was, it made my heart skip a beat." I said to her as we went for another kiss.

"Y/N and his words." Jihyo said.

"When the day you finally for someone, even if it's not one of us. You should tell me, okay?" She added. We stayed there all night, chatting about love and life. We waited until the sunrise as we sobered up.

Morning came and Jihyo fell asleep in my bed. I slept right beside her and we slept till noon. I woke up without Jihyo right beside me. She left me a text saying she went back to her dorm and thanks for the amazing Friday night. I cleaned up the balcony and showered after. Once out of the shower, I felt my nose clogged up and felt chills around my body. I took my thermometer and checked my temperature, it was a bit high. I laid in bed and slept more.

I woke up past 3 and felt worse than before. Yep, I got sick. I was too weak to make myself a meal so I just stayed in bed when I received a text from Jeongyeon. She asked if I wanted to hang out, I said I was under the weather, she said get well soon. I slept for a bit more. I was awaken by movement on my living room. I went ahead and checked and saw TWICE inside the house. Jeongyeon, Momo and Nayeon were preparing food in the kitchen while Sana and Dahyun was just entering the door with a paper bag. Jihyo was talking to someone on the phone and Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, and Mina where stuffing groceries on my fridge.

"Oh hey, Y/N. Did we wake you up?" Nayeon asked while stirring a pot of soup.

"What are you doing here?"
I asked.

"You said you were sick, we came right away. Go back to bed, we'll meet you there." Mina said.

I followed Mina's instruction and a few minutes later they came in. Jeongyeon checked my forehead.

"Y/N, you have a high fever." She said while placing a tray of soup and water in bed.

"Eat up! I tasted it, it's good." Momo said as she sat on my bed. The girls looked worried.

"Thanks, girls." I said as I ate the soup. I tried finishing it, but my appetite was just not there. Dahyun handed me medicine and the glass of water.

"Drink up, and get better, okay?" She said. Jihyo walked into the room.

"So, girls, we don't have to come in to practice tonight. I just talked to the managers and they were fine with us taking the day off." She said.

"How you feeling, Y/N?" She asked.

"Better, now that all of you are here." I managed to say.

"Get better, okay? We'll let you rest. We'll just be outside." She said as they all left my room. I slept for a little bit more and woke up around 6. I went out and they were all chilling in my couch watching something on TV.

"Sup." I said as all nine of them turned their heads to me.

"What are you doing out here, rest more." Jihyo commanded.

"Relax, I'm feeling much better." I said as I grabbed a glass of water. I went closer to them to see what they were watching.

"Thanks for the care package, girls." I said.

"We knew you'd do the same." Mina said while allowing me to scooch right next to her. 

Jeongyeon checked my temperature and said I had normal temperature now.

"Sorry for having you miss practice because of me." I apologized.

"It's alright Y/N." Sana said.

"We'd much rather stay here than practice." Tzuyu added.

"You sure, you're okay?" Dahyun asked.

"Yes, Dub." I answered. We continued to watch TV while Nayeon ordered us food. Food came and we ate. They stayed for a little bit more until Jihyo said they had to go home.

"I'll stay and make sure, Y/N's okay." Mina said.

"You sure? Y/N is that okay with you?"
Jihyo asked. I gave a quick nod as the other girls left.

"Mina... I-I-I can't breathe."
I said. Mina panicked and rushed over after closing the door.

"Y-Y-Y/N, are you okay? What's wrong?!" She asked while fanning air with her hands.

"You took my breath away." I said.

"You -- I was worried." She shrugged me off.

"I'm fine Mina, you didn't have to stay here." I said to her.

"But I wanted to." She said as she cleaned up the living room. She washed the dishes as I watch her from the counter. I gave her a back hug.

"What's this for?"  she asked.

"I don't know, it just felt right." I said.

"You know, Jihyo told us what you talked about last night."

"What about?"

"The love stuff. About you falling for one of us?"
She said.

"What's up?"

"Wait, are you sure you're not sick anymore?"
Mina asked.

"Yeah, I'm feeling normal, why?" I answered. As she leaned for a kiss.

"I just needed to make sure, I think I'm falling for you, Y/N." She said.

----
 Flashback story next chapter. Second person POV.

Thanks for the 1.2K reads, though! I'll continue to make more.

Also, I'm having a hard time to add smut into each chapter seamlessly. Should I just make another book just for smuts? Let me know.

 - Author