chapter 10

The bartender asked if I wanted anything else. He was handsome in that boy-next-door kind of way, with sandy blond hair, eyes the color of champagne, and a voice that oozed attraction. He was cute, average height, and had a smile that made you think he had be someone safe, dependable. But, as much as I appreciated the attention, he wasn’t exactly what I had in mind. I had been looking for something or someone a little darker. Mysterious, even. The kind of man who makes you forget your name. Still, he was here, and I wasn’t about to pass up a little harmless flirting.

“I’ll have a shot of intense chocolate vodka, please,” I said, smiling just enough to show my interest.

He grinned, his eyes lingering on mine for just a little longer than necessary telling me without words that he was available. I let my gaze wander around the room while he prepared my drink. The place was stunning. Dim lights cast a soft, amber glow over the polished wooden walls. The dance floor in the middle was crowded with bodies swaying to the beat, their carefree energy almost contagious. I could see couples slipping upstairs, where I knew there were suites for those who wanted their night to go further. You know, further.

I was lost in thought when the bartender returned with my drink. He leaned over the counter to hand it to me, giving me a clear view of his muscular arms, and I took the glass, my fingertips brushing his briefly. I knew what I was doing as I ran my tongue slowly around the rim of the glass before knocking the vodka back in one go. The liquid burned, but I barely noticed. It wasn’t the drink I was after it was the thrill. The atmosphere in this bar seemed to bring out a side of me that I didn’t often let loose, and I was enjoying every second of it.

“Another one?” the bartender Mark, according to his name tag asked.

“Sure,” I replied, locking eyes with him. He smirked, and for a moment, I thought about playing the night out with him, but that wasn’t why I was here. Before he could strike up another conversation, I turned my attention elsewhere. The dance floor, the upstairs suites, the people sitting in booths it was all part of the show. But then I felt him. You know that feeling when someone’s eyes are on you before you even look? Yeah, that.

Mark returned with my second drink, and this time I leaned in, giving him a glimpse of my cleavage as I reached for the glass. I couldn’t help myself; the vibe of this place was pure temptation. I threw back the vodka again and let out a satisfied sigh. Maybe it was the drinks or just the night, but I felt alive, buzzing. Mark was starting to ask me something when another voice interrupted.

“Let me buy you a drink, beautiful,” a deep voice murmured close to my ear, sending a shiver down my spine.

I turned slowly, and there he was the kind of man I had been looking for all night, tall, well over six feet, with muscles that stretched his shirt in all the right places, rich. He was tanned, his honey-brown eyes glowing under the dim lights, and his lips, impossibly red, drew my gaze. I wanted to touch them to make sure they were real. And I did. My fingers lightly brushed his lips, and to my surprise, they felt soft, cold, but at least he was real not just a figment my horny brain had conjured up..

“Waiter,” the man called, his voice dripping with authority, “give her another martini, on the rocks. I will take care of her tab.”

I felt a blush creep up my neck. Of course, I was still beautiful Ethan had tried to crush my confidence, but I wasn’t broken. Not yet. Besides, a little flirting never hurt anyone, right? I glanced over at the stranger and let my eyes wander over his strong jawline and perfectly sculpted body. Everything about him screamed power. Dangerous power. The kind I should have been avoiding, but instead, I felt myself drawn in.

He caught me staring and smirked, as if he already knew the effect he had on me. “What’s your name?” he asked, leaning in just enough that I could smell the faint hint of mint and whiskey on his breath.

“Leila,” I whispered, my voice betraying how affected I was by his presence.

“Leila,” he repeated, testing the name on his lips like it was something he wanted to savor. “I’m Damien.”

I rolled his name around in my mind. Damien. It fit. Dark, mysterious, just like I had imagined. A moment ago, I had been bantering with Mark, but now the air between Damien and me was charged, almost electric. One second, we were at the bar, and the next, we were outside. The cool night air hit my skin making me shiver, but it did nothing to cool the heat rushing through my body. We ended up on the roof of his car, sitting there, gazing at each other like we were the only two people in the world.

The tension was unbearable. My thighs ached with anticipation. I could barely think straight, my mind clouded with alcohol and lust. Finally, he leaned in to kiss me. His lips were demanding, and I gave in immediately, opening my mouth to let him in. He tasted of mint and whiskey, and I moaned softly as his fingers began exploring my body, setting me on fire. I tugged off my tank top, not caring about anything but the way he made me feel alive, desired.

“You should have worn a dress,” Damien murmured against my lips. “It would have been easier.” His honey-colored eyes locked onto mine, full of mischief and something darker. “Can I rip these off?” he asked, gesturing to my shorts.

“Sure, hun,” I whispered, my voice low and husky, completely lost in the moment.

In one swift motion, Damien ripped my brand-new shorts as if they were nothing more than tissue paper. I should have been shocked, but instead, I found it exhilarating. My mind was too clouded with lust to care. He kissed down my shoulder, his lips feather-light, sending shivers across my skin. His hand cupped me, and I gasped at how ready I was for him.

“You’re already so wet,” he whispered, his voice thick with desire. His fingers moved in slow, circular motions against my clits, making me arch my back and push myself against him, desperate for more. He came down from the roof of the car and lifted me into the back of the car. He removed his hard shaft and laid back, letting me grind against him, the friction nearly driving me insane.

I knew this was wrong. Deep down, the logical part of me screamed that I was married, that I shouldn’t be doing this. But Ethan didn’t care about me. He ignored me, cheated on me, humiliated me. This was my revenge, my payback. I channeled all my frustration, my pent-up desire, into Damien, grinding faster as he flipped us over with an inhuman speed. He was on top of me again, kissing, touching, driving me wild, a scream tore through my lips when he took the throbbing nub between my legs into his mouth, I grinded against his mouth, his tongue slipped into my slit and I was lost, I didn't know how much I needed this, before I knew it, I was shivering and exploding into his mouth.

Then, he bit me.

I gasped in pain, but the pleasure quickly overrode it. My body responded in ways I couldn’t control, and before I knew it, I was coming hard, stars bursting behind my eyes. I felt light-headed, like I was floating. He licked the bite, soothing the sting, and I moaned at the mix of pain and pleasure, he drank from me in huge gulps, as he took me in one single thrust.

Damien kissed me again, but just as I was about to lose myself to him completely, there was a loud crack. The car’s The entire car door was ripped clean off. I blinked in shock ad a shadow loomed over us. Suddenly, Damien was lifted off me and thrown to the ground like he weighed nothing, I shrank back afraid he would turn on me too.

I was seriously regretting all my life choices, I should have researched the area more , I should have stayed at home where it was safe

I screamed as the figure, Ethan punched Damian again and again . I could only stand there, trembling in my underwear, too terrified to move. Ethan's face was contorted with rage, his eyes darker than I had ever seen. He looked like a monster.

When he turned to me as if finally noticing me. I thought he might kill me too. His bloodied face twisted into a cruel smile.
"You killed him, my little tigress," he said, his voice cold and emotionless. "And I will anyone who tried to take you from me".

"Oh my God", I whispered , barely able to breath "Ethan... It's you."

Those were the last words I managed before everything went black