Chapter 14

The servants were busy cooking and fluttering around the kitchen, tidying up the house, when Ethan stormed in he was dressed in an impeccable blue suite with a white dress shirt looking every inch like the handsome devil, his eyes glittered with unsuppressed anger, aside that his face was pretty much emotionless. Leila was still asleep, unaware of the chaos that was about to unfold. The moment the servants saw him, they all dropped to their knees, trembling at his presence.

Usually, whenever Ethan visited, he would pick at them, much like one would choose from a point-and-kill dinner. But tonight, he was absolutely seething. His teeth had elongated into sharp fangs, and his eyes were burning with fury.

"Didn't I tell you all," he snarled, his voice low and dangerous, "that there is to be no conversation with the guest?"

"You did," they chorused, voices shaky with fear. "But she is the mistress of the household. We cannot simply ignore her."

Ethan's eyes blazed with even more intensity. "No, she is not the lady of the household," he hissed, his tone ice cold. "She is my prisoner. When I give an instruction, I expect it to be obeyed without question!"

The servants quaked in fear, bowing their heads lower. Caroline, the kitchen maid and his favorite blood bag, whispered hesitantly, "My lord, it was me she spoke to."

Ethan's attention snapped to her, and his eyes narrowed. "Then it is your duty to stop her, control her. Make sure she doesn't misbehave, or at the very least, report it to me immediately since she confides in you, instead of scaring her , making her act up and revealing a secret of my kind to her."

"Y-yes, my lord. I am very sorry, I didn't know what to do, she was insistent. I-"

"Enough," Ethan cut her off, his voice sharp as a blade. "Come here."

Caroline hesitated for a second, but she had no choice. Trembling, she ran over to him, her legs weak and unsteady beneath her, she knew first hand how cruel he can be when he wanted to, he had been cruel the first night he had taken her virginity. Then she had not known what he was

She had just lost her job as a waitress, her things thrown into the street, she had nowhere to live, her job had declared bankruptcy and all the employees were fired without pay, you would say why didn't she call her parents bor siblings, she was an only child, and her parents had died in a car crash when she was 12, she had lived in foster care most of her life.

As soon as she had turned 18 her foster parents were only too glad to kick her out of their home, she had lived in the homeless shelter for a while, living on people's generosity until she got her job as a waitress and saved to rent herself a tiny apartment.

It was tiny and filthy with bedbugs but to her it was beautiful, it was home. She has paid the deposit and rent and proceeded to get cleaning supplies, she wiped the house, disinfected and fumigated it, then she threw out the dingy bed bug infested mattress.

It took her almost a week to complete the repairs at her home, due to work. When she was finally done, she bought a better mattress and bed off of eBay for a pretty affordable price and of course some bedding and her tiny paradise was complete. She was happy , it was her safe space , she went ahead to get a reading table that also served as her dresser, some kitchen utensils and a camping gas to cook her meal.

The happiest moment of her life was when she moved to her home, she was so excited, everything was perfect in her eyes, it was like her on little Kingdom. You would ask what happened to her parents property, since they couldn't find any living relatives of her parents, given the fact they were immigrants, everything they owned was mostly auctioned off and used to pay of their debts so she was penniless as well.

When she found herself homeless and penniless again she got wind of a job that paid a whooping $10,000 dollars per month , plus feeding and accommodation, it was too much to pass up, she applied and apparently passed, so she moved in to the household, were she met the chef and one other man.

Their days were usually boring and dreary, they lay around until one day the Lord of the house decided to pay them a visit, they of course got a message before hand, the household was thrown into a flurry of activity, meals were cooked.

When the Lord of the house had pulled up, she could see her other colleagues quivering with eyes bowed , but she stared straight at Ethan, by God he was a very handsome man, he looked like a fallen angel with his blond locks and stormy blue eyes which were locked straight at her.

He stopped just inches from where she stood grabbing her jaw in his large hand, what do we have here. The chef stepped up his meaty frame trembling, smelling of garlic and other kitchen spices. "My Lord, this is the new kitchen assistant". Ethan inspected her the was you would do a piece of meat you were interested in, she would do, doll her up and send her to my chambers with that he was gone.

Caroline was surprisingly frozen through out the whole ordeal, she wasn't usually one to be so meek but his looks mesmerized her, she only saw men like him in the movies, not at all in her reality. The chef told her to go to her room and her dolled up and come serve the Lord his dessert so she did, unknown to her that she was the actual dessert.

She attempted to carry the decanter of whiskey and of course the array of sweets that was arranges in the tray, She was 19 now and had never had sex or a proper boyfriend, being poor made you a social outcast and having dead immigrant parents made it worse, her days in school passed like a blur, but she studied hard, she hoped with this job, she would be able to save for college.

The dress she wore was not one of her own it was something pretty she had never worn before, made of expensive laces and silk the pink dress with gold highlights trimmed with gold laces hugged her figure in all the right places, she didn't wear any jewelry and brushed out her lucious dark hair until it shone.

The simple elegant heel she wore was amazing and of course the array of nice perfumes and scented body oil. This man was insanely rich and apparently he expects his workers to look gorgeous, honestly she could get used to this. Her stupid mind wondered if maybe he would fall for her and she would become mistress of this home.

She quickly shook that thought from her mind, she was no where near his class there was no way he would want her. She knocked politely on his door and was allowed to come in, then she served the drink he was watching her closely making her fumble."pour me a drink". Was the quiet command which she obeyed nervous to be with him alone in the room.