Chapter 20

They looked at me for 5 full minutes, trying to process their thoughts.

"Where is it?" Mason said, interrupting the silence.

"What?"

"Your mark. Show me" he replied. My mark was on my back. It was under my right shoulder blade. I blushed. God this is going to be awkward.

"I can't" I said awkwardly.

"What do you mean you c-?"

"Mason" Aaron said looking at him, trying to give him a hint.

"I need to see it to make sure this isn't just a coincidence" he said, still not taking the hint. "Oh wait-"

Cora opened the door just in time holding a garment bag.

"So good news we finished the dress for the photoshoot today. If you want to be there on time we should start right now. The prince is going-" She stopped and looked up. Realizing who was in this room, she immediately curtsied, blushing. She quickly laid the bag on my bed and raised an eyebrow, just before leaving.

"No one can no about this. Not yet. Not until we know for sure. Do you understand me, Abby?" Aaron said. I nodded.

After they left Lisa can in.

"Okay so when you get to the studio, they'll have stations set up. They'll do your makeup and dress you. They'll have the dresses we made for you, but they might have other things they want you to put on" I nodded trying to suck in all the information. My mind was still thinking about my conversations with Mason and Aaron.

Lisa sent me down with just a robe on, like all the selected were instructed to do. My footsteps echoed down the hallway as I walked to the studio. Just as I turned the corner, someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me in behind a pillar. He put a hand over my mouth.I was going to kick him before realizing who it was. Aaron put a finger to his mouth, telling me to be quiet. I looked at him with a questioning looked. He pointed to his ear, telling me to listen closely.

I could hear two people talking. I know one of them is Ray, I could hear her annoying voice a mile away. But I couldn't figure out who the other person was.

"Ugh. I don't see why Aaron likes Abigail so much" Ray groaned.

"Don't worry, we'll make sure you win. That 5 needs to be eliminated, and soon" the other person said. She had a thick French accent that, under different circumstances, I would have loved.

"Now come on you do not want to be late for the photoshoot." The mystery person said.

I waited until their footsteps got quieter. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and looked at Aaron. He had a frown on his face.

"Okay I know one person was Ray. But who was the other?" I asked slightly upset.

"That would be Vanessa, princess if France. She isn't supposed to be here until next week" He said, clearly upset.

"Please elaborate"
"Before the selection we were best friends. And the day before the selection, she told me she loved me" he said. I stared at him, skeptical.

"But I didn't like her that way" he said quickly. "She got upset and left. I'm pretty sure she hates me"

"She probably doesn't hate you that much. She probably hates me, not you. But who cares right? It's not like she's going to do anything to me" I laughed.

He ran his hand through his hair.

"You are going to have extra guards outside of your room. And I'll make sure at least one of your maids are with at all times. You'll always have some one escort you to wherever you need to go" he said pacing.