Chapter 3

"You look beautiful darling" my dad said with tears in his eyes. Aunt Rylan and I ended up buying a purple dress. The bodice was sparkley and had a sweetheart neckline. The bodice stopped 2 inches above my belly button and flared out all the way to the floor. I had on a necklace with a crescent moon & star pendant and dangley earrings to match. I paired the outfit with silver high heels. (High heels are not my favorite. They were Aunt Rylans idea)
I had my hair slightly curled and a flower pinned in the side of my head. And to top it all off I had on a white lacey mask since it was a masquerade ball. Aunt Rylan really out did herself.

"Do you think this is too much? I feel like this is too much. Maybe we shouldn't-" I was cut off by Daxton.
"You look beautiful. Now you gotta get going, you don't want to be late"

I got into the limo that had come to pick me up and take me to the palace. I waved back to my family.

When I arrived at the palace I wasn't ready for what I was about to see. I stepped out of the limo and was blinded by all of the flashes from the cameras. I half walked and half ran into the palace. But before I could I ran into someone.

"I'm so sorry! I'm so clumsy, I didn't see where I was going! These stupid high heels just don't want to work with me." I muttered.
"It's okay," he said laughing. He held his hand down to me to help me up. I looked at his warm brown eyes. He seemed familiar but I just couldn't pin it.
" May I have this dance." He said drawing me out of my trance.
"Uhhhhm yeah I guess. I never really danced with anyone before." He laughed.
"Don't worry I won't bite." He joked. We went out to the middle of the dance floor. We danced and talked until I noticed people were watching us and giving us dirty looks.

" Why are they looking at us" I asked him silently under my breath.
"Probably because I'm the prince" he said.
"Shut up! Don't play with me! Seriously why are they staring at us!"
"I'm telling you the truth" he said trying to hold in his laughs. Then he pulled of his mask. And behind that mask I saw the face of a prince. THE prince Aaron was dancing with me.

"A pleasure to dance with you. But I must dance with the other ladies before they get jealous" he chuckled as he walked off to dance with another girl.

I sat down for a while before I started to feel sick. I needed fresh air. I ran to the nearest exit but the guard wouldn't let me out. I ran to the other side of the ballroom and shot out the door. I made it halfway through the palace garden until I fell.

"Dammit" I muttered. I pulled off my heels and kept running until I found a bench. I looked up at the twinkling stars in the night sky.

"For a girl in heels you're a pretty fast runner" a voice behind me said.

I turned around to find the prince staring at me.