Chapter 14

I went straight to my room after the report. The second my head touched the pillow I fell asleep.

I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on my door. I checked the clock. It was 4:00 in the morning. Who could possibly be knocking at my door at this time? I opened the door to find Aaron standing there neatly dressed.

"Okay explain to me why you woke me up so early! Is it really that important? You know I hate waking up this early!" I said. He smiled.

"Well I thought taking you on your first date might be important" he said still smiling.

"At 4 in the morning" I said laughing.

"Yes now get dressed quickly! You'll see what I hate planned" he said smiling. He came inside and sat on my bed, waiting for me to get dressed.

I took a shower and wrapped a robe around myself.

"Now turn around and close your eyes! Don't you dare peek!" I shouted to him behind my bathroom door. I had a robe around myself but it still would be awkward. He chuckled and turned around, his back facing me. I ran to my closet to go find a dress. I found a mint green dress with a gold belt and threw it on. I walked out of my closet and sat down by dresser to do my hair.

"You have a beautiful voice" he said. "I heard you singing in the shower"

"Thanks. You can turn around now" I said smiling. He turned around. I combed through my hair. It was still kind of curly from last night.

" So what were you talking about with my brothers?" I asked as I did my hair. I ended up doing a side French braid into a low bun. He laughed.

"They just told me that if I hurt a single hair on your head, they will personally come and break my neck." He said chuckling.

"Yep sounds like them. They can be sooo over protective sometimes. But I love them." I said laughing.

I threw on gold high heels, put on my owl necklace, and gold earrings.

I looked at the mirror and looked at the faint scars on my cheeks. I touched them lightly as if they would open up at the slightest touch. Aaron must have noticed. He walked over and took my hand and kissed it lightly. He smiled.

"Let's go. I have something planned out for you. We have the whole day!" He said excitedly.

I took his hand as he led me to where ever we were going to go. He led me out to the garden. We didn't stop at our bench. He led me to an open space by a lake. We stopped by the board walk. He had set up a little picnic.

"I didn't know you were the type of guy that likes picnics" I said smiling.

"That's not why I brought you here." He said. He tilted my head up so we were watching the sun rise. He wrapped his arms around me and looked up himself.

"I think too many people have moments during a sunset. So I thought maybe we can have a moment during a sunrise" he said.

I looked at him confused. "What mo-" I started but then he crashed his lips into mine. He pulled away and rested his forehead on mine.

"That moment" he breathed.

He had brought breakfast so we had our breakfast there. Our absence in the great room wouldn't go unnoticed. He had someone come and clean up for us.

We laid down in the grass and looked at the clouds. He was playing with my hair. He looked fascinated by it. I was telling him about the time I played at 2s birthday party before I heard a twig snap behind me. I sat up abruptly.

"Did you hear that?" I whispered to Aaron.

"It was nothing." He said.

"No I heard something" I said. I turned around just intime to find a figure retreating into the forest. She had hair just like mine. I got up, threw my heels off, and ran after her. I could hear Aaron calling after me, trying to catch up. I had caught up with the figure and tackled her. I held my forearm to her throat. I looked into her warm brown eyes. They looked familiar, they looked just like my brothers' . I ripped off her hood and gasped. I backed away, into Aaron's arms.

"Mom?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"Miss me honey?" She asked me with a small smile.

"Where have you been. I thought you were dead!" I said on the verge of crying.

"Honey it's not safe for me to be here. I'll explain it to you when it's time. Don't mention this to anyone. Even you Aaron. Promise me" she said looking at me straight in the eyes. We nodded our heads. She started walking away towards the woods. She stopped and turned around. She looked Aaron dead in the eye.

"Take good care of my baby. If anything happens to her I will hurt you" she said. She turned around and disappeared into the forest.

I broke away from Aaron's grip and tried running after her. I stopped and looked around. She was gone. I crumpled to the ground. Aaron gathered me in his arms and held me while I cried into his chest.

"I thought she was dead"Aaron whispered into my hair, still holding me.

"I did too."

Vote for another chapter💋