Chapter 17

I was taking a bath before there was a knock on my door.
"Cora, Lily, Lisa, are you guys going you get that? I shouted. No answer. They must have went downstairs to get my dress. I sighed and got up. I wrapped a robe around myself, walked over to my door and opened it. Aaron was standing there.

"What do you want" I asked annoyed.

"Look I know you're mad at me Abby but let me explain." He said looking at me.

"Well go on" I said.

"After you left I heard someone walking outside. I opened the door and found Ray wondering the halls. She said she didn't know her way back to her room, so I escorted her back. She was talking about her dress until she kissed me.I didn't kiss her. She kissed me."

"Oh" was all I could say.

"So are we okay?" He asked. A smile grew on my face.

"Yeah. Yeah we're okay" I said still smiling.

"Now go, i need to get ready for the ball" I said as i shooed him out the door. He left with a smile. My maids came back later with my dress. An hour later I was ready.

I looked at my self in the long mirror. I was wearing a black dress. It was originally supposed to be white but my maids suggested black because most of the girls were probably going to be wearing white. The bodice was see through but it wasn't showy. White jewels covered most of the bodice. It left an open area on the lower left part of my stomach. The rest of the dress flared out to the floor. I wore black heels. I had on a bracelet made of hearts. Each heart was linked together by a small chain. My necklace was a small heart on a thin chain, to match my bracelet. My earrings were 2 ovals with another oval inside stacked on top of each other. My hair was curled and pinned back. (Look at picture above)

"Miss you did a fabulous job with your dress!" Lisa said beaming.

"Why thank you!" I said properly. Silvia made us take etiquette lessons because the royal family from England and other countries are going to be there. They laughed.

I walked out of my room and went down to ball room. I walked down the grand staircase. I was praying to god I wouldn't trip down the steps. I looked over at Mason and Aaron. They looked at me awestruck. Everyone else did too. Well everyone except the selected. They waved me over to go join them. I made my way across the floor. I stopped on the way for a glass of wine.

Before I got to them someone stepped in my way.

"You look very sexy tonight" he said. I almost choked on my wine.

"Excuse me?" I asked bewildered.

"I'm prince Flynn of Germany." He said. I just stared at him, still a little disturbed by his first comment. Silvia eyed me from across the room.

"I'm Lady Abigail, your highness" I said as I curtsied, hoping I would impress Silvia.

"May I have this dance?" He asked.

"Well I can't really refuse a prince" I said as I let out a nervous laugh. I didn't want to dance with this creep.

He took me to the middle of the dance floor. He put his hand on my waist and I put my hand on his shoulder, even though I didn't want to be anywhere near him.

"So, what do you like to do?" I asked trying to make conversation.

"I paint" he replied.

"Oh I do too! I also-"

"I know everything about you. I know you have 5 brothers. You can play many instruments. You can sing and dance too." He replied.

This was really getting awkward. I looked over at Aaron and Mason and mouthed, help me. They laughed.

"So how do you know so much about me?" I asked, a little freaked.

"You are my favorite selected. So, I looked you up. I looked into your profile. I know everything about you" he replied. He moved in closer to me. I tried to move away but his hands held me in place. He started to move his hands toward places I didn't want him to.

"Get your hands off-"

"Do you mind if I borrow Lady Abigail, Flynn?" Aaron said cutting in. Flynn looked at me one more time before letting go. Aaron put his hand on my waist and I put my hand on his shoulder. We danced. I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding.

"God I swear I will kill that idiot if he ever touches me again. I don't care if he's the prince of-"

"Wait he did what?" Aaron asked bewildered. I told him everything he said to me and did. Aaron gritted his teeth.

"You know what I think I'm going to kill him before you can" he replied. I laughed.

"Wait,you can dance?" I asked, surprised. He just smiled. Before I knew what he was doing he dipped me. He held me there.

"And why does that surprise you?" He said as he pulled me back up. Out of the corner of my eyes I can see half of the selected glaring at me.

"I don't know. You just seem like the type of guy who would suck at dancing." I said.

"Blaire and I got our dancing skills from our dad. The rest of my sisters were cursed with my mothers dancing skills" he said. I laughed. I rested my head on his shoulder. I spotted Mason in the corner.

"I need to go talk to Mason real quick" I said. He nodded. I left the dance floor to go find Mason. I approached him.

"Hey um Prince Mason can I borrow you for a second?" I asked. He nodded.
We danced on the dance floor. There was a respectable distance between us.

"I know this is kind of a touchy subject but I need to ask" I said. He looked at me with a questioningly.

"I need you to tell me more about your mom" I said in a whisper.

"Why?" He asked confused.

"I'll tell you later" I said, looking around and making sure no one could hear us.

"Abby I'm not going to tell you until you tell me why" he said. I sighed.

"Fine meet me in my room after the ball. Bring Aaron with you" I said. He looked at me, confused.

"I'll explain it tonight" I said. I left Mason to go grab a drink. I was in the middle of the floor before we heard gunshots. King James, next to me got shot in the shoulder.

The rebels were attacking.