Chapter 18

Everything turned to chaos. The royal families and the selected ran for the safe rooms. I started running for the safe room before I noticed King James on the floor. He couldn't get up. King James was the only person Mason had left. I ran to his side and helped him up. He gladly took my help. Guards swarmed into the room trying to fend off the attackers. We were the last ones to get into the safe. The Royal families and the selected all sat side by side against the wall. Mason and King Maxon immediately rushed over to me to held king James. Nobody dared to move or help besides me, Mason, Aaron, Maxon, America and Blaire

"Does anyone know what to do?" A worried Mason asked.

"My grandpa was a surgeon. I think I can help" I said. He nodded.

"Okay someone get the first aid kit in the corner, a bucket of warm water, and towels" I commanded, completely in the zone. Mason, Aaron, and Blaire immediately fetched them. Meanwhile I cut open his shirt.

"Okay Mason. I might be able to fix it up, but he's going to have a nasty scar on his shoulder. And I might not even work. We need more advanced equipment than this." I said.

"Just do what you can" he replied. I nodded.

I examined the wound. The bullet was still in his shoulder. We didn't have any tweezers so I had to pull it out with my hands. I could see the girls next to me gag.

"I'm going to have to clean out the wound and stitch it up. The cleaning will hurt more than the stitches. But the stitches are going to hurt too." I said. King James nodded.

"Put this in his mouth. It'll help with the pain" I said as I handed a towel to Blaire.

"Mason, Aaron, King Maxon, and Queen America, pin down his feet and arms" I said. They pinned down his arms and legs. I went straight to work. I winced every time I heard his muffled screams.

"Somebody get the gauze tape"

"Abby we ran out" Blaire said to me. I sighed. I ripped off half of the bottom of my dress. My dress was now halfway down my thigh. Everyone just stared at me. i stared back.

"God guys! Im trying to save someones life!" I said. I ripped the dress into long strips and started to wrap it around his shoulder. I stepped back and looked at my work. I told them to switch the cloth if it got too wet. I got up and left to go to the bathroom.

I washed all the blood off my hands and just stood there. I stared at my face in the mirror. I saved a mans life. I should be happy. But all I thought is that I hopefully didn't have to do that again. I walked back to the room. I walked over to sit next to Maia. Mason thanked me over and over. Soon my eyes became heavy and I drifted off to sleep.

Please vote 💋