Chapter 7: The Path of Truth

Thorn-
     We were on a tower-Illumi was next to me, his arm was on my spine almost possessively and honestly I don't mind. Then a guy got killed-I raised a brow as he seemed to push me closer to him. Humming I glanced about as our shoes were silent then I fell. I groaned lowly and glanced around. I landed on my feet as I saw a stand.

"Welcome 46, Thorn Cipher better known as Miss Red-welcome to the third gaze of the exam. I am your examiner now do put on a watch."

I glared as I heard laughter-I simply ignored him and went to the stand securing the watch around my wrist.

"Alright now you need to wait for one more person!"

I sighed and went to the iron door reading a plate.

"Welcome to the Path of Truth, you will be asked a vary of questions of yourself and another person. Answer truthfully you pass answer wrong you stay stuck until your fifth attempt then you will stay where your at through the rest of the faze, failing the exam."

I hummed-sound easy but what are the questions? I walked over and leaned against the wall then someone fell.

"Oh hey Moon."

He glanced back and gave a curt nod as I pointed to the watches than up, as he turned around. He hummed and nodded as we went to the door-then a question showed.

"What's your favorite color?"

Okay....

"Green and Gold."

"Red black purple."

The door opened as we walked through going down a hall.

"This is sure to be interesting."

I nodded in approval, both our guards were up as I was studying the area. Tall red brick walls and silver tiles. Small areas that acted as windows were bared making it seem like a prison. Then another iron door-the screen was highlighted in blues lined with a dark navy blue. There was bars acting like a window above the screen it was bolted into the red bricks.

"Why do you want to be a Hunter."

      Moon read off as my eyes scanned the black lined words while he read.

"For my work, as you've found out-I'm Miss Red-it would be nice to know who leaked this information~"

       Then a name, oh he's dead. I glared at it as Illumi continued.

"For work."

       Then it cracked sliding open as I no longer cared as my heels echoed the silver tiles.

"Don't worry you'll see him soon~"

      The Examiner laughed as his voice disappeared, then a hand rested on my shoulder. Glancing to Moon he kissed my cheek, my skin tinted pink as my eyes widened. 

"Calm down, don't let anger get the best of you."

      I stared up at him then nodded as he gave a small smile. He's so weird...we continued traveling down the tiled floors.

——-

      We were in a rink sort of area-then two people with cloaks came out. Both quite powerful as my gaze narrowed.

"Well if it isn't the backstabber and his whore~"

        I could feel Moon's gaze as my voice was dark laced with poison. His girlfriend clicked her tongues as Mercer spoke.

"Remove the shackles."

      Then his shackles dropped as my gaze narrows to the blue haired man.