How They Met

Arabella's P.O.V

I walked through the crowded halls of Lincoln High School, the mix of whispers and hushed voices forming a mixed melody around me. I could make out snippets of their murmured words, my supernatural hearing catching phrases like "weird loner" and "keeps to herself."

"Stupid humans," I thought bitterly, if only they knew the truth - that beneath this unassuming exterior beat the heart of a rogue werewolf. One who would do anything it took to survive.

My name is Arabella Johnson, and I had just turned 18 last month. As a lone wolf without a pack, no alpha would want me encroaching on their territory. I had to stay constantly vigilant, ready to flee at the first sign of those with real power - the alphas and betas who ruled their packs with iron discipline, or worse my mate.

I hurriedly stuffed my books into my locker, the clanging of the metal door echoing like a warning. As I turned to head to first period English, the shrill ringing of the bell cut through the hall. As I made it to the class room all eyes swiveled towards the awkward figure frozen in the doorway. Even across the crowded room, I could scent him - that mysterious, alluring aroma that sang to my wolf's primal side. My mate.

"Shit, when did other wolves start here?" I thought to myself.

Our gazes locked for an endless moment, my blue eyes meeting those of a man with storm gray eyes. The kind that could cause any girl to melt instantly, but I wasn't just any girl. I couldn't resist the urge to flee, to run from this earth-shattering phenomenon, to escape before he caught me. Throwing open the front doors of the school, I raced towards the tree line, stripping off my clothes and transforming midstride. My blonde fur sprouted from my skin, a familiar brown spot appearing over my right eye as I bounded into the forest depths, a rogue wolf's instinct to evade taking over.

"I can't let him catch me. She needs me." I thought. I have to get away if not for me, for her.

A.N.

I don't know how good the story is but it is the first time I've tried to write a story on Wattpad. And I know it's probably short that's because it is 3:30 in the morning.

--------------------------

A.N. I am leaving all my authors notes from before just to remind myself of the progress I've made and nostalgia. Feel free to leave a comment or suggestion as I update this story.