Chapter 29

I'm not dead. Sorry to ruin your funeral speeches...

And sorry for not updating for, like what? A month... The thing is, let's just say, I was super busy with college (Hope ya'll understand) and recently, busy with Christmas preparations, which reminds me-

Merry Belated Christmas to everyone who's reading this, and Happy New Year in advance (just in case I get busy again, lol).

So, yeah...

"So, you're saying that you slapped him? Three times?" Kim crossed her arms in front of her chest and inhaled deeply as she waited for an answer.

Shelby cracked a smile. "Mmm-hmm," She bobbled her head up and down and leaned forward for a whisper, "Three on the cheek and one on the head." With that, she sank back on the support of the computer chair, continuing her infectious smile.

Kim eyed her smile and the honesty behind that, and not so many moments later, she smiled too.

"That wasn't necessary, but, I'm kinda glad you did."

Shelby chuckled at that.

"Yeah but, you know what? It should've been you instead of me. I mean, if a guy dared to kiss me without my permission, I would've straightaway ripped off his lips with my bare hands."

Kim shrugged with a 'Whatever, I dunno' expression and collected her knees to her chest. With this conversation, whatever about that she had forgotten, it seemed to reappear to the surface again.

Sure, she was mad at Jack first, but, did she ever accept the fact that she disliked it when he kissed her?

No.

A big-fat 'no'.

At the time of that, Kim may have gone through a whirlwind of emotions such as shocked, unexpected, dazzled, etc., but grossed out and disgusted definitely wasn't one of them. A part of Kim knew that. And also knew why.

Because she had feelings for him. Feelings as in feelings-feelings.

"Kim?" Shelby's fingers snapped in front of her face. "Kim?" This time she was shaken out of her thoughts.

Kim collected herself. "What?" She cleared her throat, and spoke, "Were you saying something?"

"Yes," Shelby replied.

"And if you weren't busy in zoning out, you certainly would've known."

"I zoned out?"

"Yes, honey. For good-ol' ten minutes."

Kim pressed her palm against her skull and squeezed her eyes close. "Sorry, I... I-I didn't notice." She gave a weak smile.

Shelby gave a heavy sigh and stood up, making the chair recoil in the process. She walked up to Kim's bed and crawled beside her, hugging her shoulders. Kim weakly smiled in her direction before blowing out another tired breath.

Shelby stroked Kim's arm. "You really like him, don't you?"

Kim chuckled.

"I don't think I know." Lie.

"Come on, Kim. I know you better than that. Don't lie to me." Shelby gently said.

Kim sighed. "No. Maybe. Yes?"

Shelby obviously knew the answer, and also knew that Kim did too, but wasn't going to admit it on her own. She had that built-in stubborn kind-of nature and had to be pushed.