Chapter 23

Sorry for the irregular updates. I have a really on-and-off schedule. I'll try to post new chapters every third day.

A week passed by, and Kim was... just the way she was a week before- The same-old zoning-out, smileless, emotional Kim. At least, she was not deteriorating.

Being the football team's captain's girlfriend, popularity came straight to her. She was famous and she didn't like it. One- being popular and catching attention was not her type, and two- Lindsay took her popularity as a competition. And she was serious.

She was extremely demonic to her, not that she wasn't before, but like, two steps ahead. If there was a chance, she'd buy it. But Kim had stepped up her game too and Lindsay's three-year-old pranks weren't working anymore.

Blake was a good boyfriend- not expecting or trying to push things between them. He started from the simplest such as holding hands, kisses on cheeks, going on small dates, and that too only if Kim agreed. Overall, it was appreciating.

Jack was a puppet whose strings were in Lindsay's hand. She controlled him and he let her. Once when she ordered him to flip Kim, he even stepped up to her. But taking a look in those innocent, shocked, 'will you do it?' demanding eyes, he stepped back, realizing what he was going to do.

He was shocked for himself, angry for Lindsay, apologetic for Kim, and miserable for his life.

It was Sunday, 10:00 am.

Kim was expressionlessly staring at the slowly fading froth from the espresso kept in front of her. A hand waved in front of her, drifting her from the blank mind and making her repeatedly bat her eyes. She flinched a little.

"Kim, you alright?" Boyfriend concern fully asked.

The corner of her lips slowly turned, and she smiled, nodding. Her smile faded as she processed to drink the espresso. It had turned cold, but not that much- she could deal with it.

"Where do you want to go next?" He lunged and cleaned the white froth on her philtrum.

Kim leaned back on her seat, thinking of places in the mall. Boyfriend kept suggesting places such as the beach, a theatre, an ice-cream parlor, but she was not listening. Her ears had a mind of their own.

"The dojo?" Her voice instantly shut him up.

Kim's eyes widened at her own words. Did she really just say that? Why did she just say that? She threw a punch at herself mentally.

Blake shifted his chair and stood up, straightening his shirt.

"Where are you going?" Kim asked, standing too.

"The dojo."

Kim released a dry chuckle out of her mouth. "I wasn't serious. You don't have to just because I told you." She nonchalantly spoke with a small smile.

"I'm okay with it. Let's go." He offered his hand to her which she gladly took.

Boyfriend paid the bill and they rushed out of the small coffee shop with their fingers intertwined.

Kim had brown sandals and a short, yellow sundress with mini-roses printed all over, and she was glad that her dress was strapless because it was super sunny and humid. She was wondering how did Boyfriend manage to wear a jacket even in this scorcher.

She pushed the glass doors, and Boyfriend, being the gentleman helped her. The familiar sweaty scent filled her nostrils. Okay, it was disgusting but Kim was used to it. Good luck, boyfriend- she mentally wished him.