Chapter 19

Thank you so much for 1K reads. I can't believe it, you're all amazing people.😊😊😊

"Blake, I..." Kim moved back, increasing the 2-centimeter space between them. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, looking nervously at him. First, Jack and now, him? She noticeably swallows the spit in her mouth and sheepishly begins. "Can I have some time to think about it?"

"Yeah, totally." He replies.

She breathes a sigh of relief.

"So, you're still waiting?" He asked as now the sun had set, the white mass of clouds have turned greyish-black, merging themselves in the evening-night sky and the wind was cooler than it was an hour ago.

"Yes." She sounded bold and firm. "But you can leave. You don't have to stay as it's late already." Kim glared affectionately at him with a heavenly smile, so he would spare her alone.

Blake warmly placed his hand on her cheek and kissed the other. "I'll see you at school tomorrow." He said and Kim nodded in reply, sustaining her fake smile.

She waved at him and he nodded, finally leaving after the stop-and-turn drama while stepping away.

It was all alone now- just Kim and her thoughts of her and Jack. Why wasn't he here yet?

Did he forget? He couldn't, could he? After all, he was the one who invited her.

Kim sighed and folded her knees to her chest, safely enclosing them within her arms. All this time, she was silent, staring at her feet and moving her head around, looking for the one. Looking for him.

Half an hour past and then another and then another. It was now 8 pm and Kim lost all hope that Jack would show up. She got up heavy-mooded, stuffing her hands in the pockets and slowly hiking out of the park.

Kim now wanted to lighten her mood. The nearest place helpful for her plans was the mall.

She stepped inside H&M, wasting as much time as she could, trying to take as much distraction as she could, but when she walked out, only seven minutes had past. Why? She thought to herself, sighing in defeat.

A few steps more, and Kim saw that the lights of the dojo were still on. A ray of hope lit her face. Someone was still in there, maybe Jack?

She shook her head, dusting away those thoughts and entered.

She saw no one except Shelby flipping her bo-staff, and it kind of disappointed Kim, not because she didn't like her, just because she expected someone else.

"Hi." Kim waves once she was done.

"Hey there." She responds to her as she flicked the sweaty, blonde strands falling out of her ponytail.

"It's almost 9. What are you doing here at this hour?"

She walked to her bag and scooped out a transparent water-bottle, chugging in some sips before giving her the answer. "I missed practice today. So, I asked Rudy if I could fill up at night. And he said yes."

Kim nodded along, and ultimately her eyes dropped to the mat.

Shelby noticed her dropped expression. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

She took her arm and pulled Kim to the mats, making her sit in front of herself. She poked her forehead, drawing her attention. "Now, tell me. What's wrong?"

"I told you. It's nothing."

She rolls her eyes. "Has anyone told you? You're a terrible liar." She paused to put her hand on her shoulder. "Kim, its fine. You can tell me."