Waking Up in Hades (LukEyna)

(OKAY. So this story is like a continuation for the other story which you have read prior to this one if you actually read the previous part. Anyways, I also wrote this after I wrote that one and it was the time when I had nothing much to do but wait for HoO and BoO so yeah. This is an attempt for a Reyna and Luke otherwise known as Lukeyna which one friend from Tumblr started. I hope you guys will like this.)

Waking Up in Hades

Reyna woke up from the gushing sound of a river. For one crazy moment, she thought she was in Camp Jupiter. Yet the sulfuric and mildewy smell of the air told her otherwise.

She opened her eyes; her vision was hazy. She figured out that she was in a dark place. She was lying in a black, cold ground—the grass and the sand were all black. She blinked several times and tried to sit up. She stared to her left, it was indeed a river but it was unlike any other river.. It had dark waters and strange things floated on it.

Reyna realized what it was. It was the River Styx. The river you’d only encounter when you were already dead.

“So I am dead?” She asked herself. She sounded like a frog, for her voice just croaked.

“Yes, you are..” A voice near her agreed.

She looked up and found a tall, well-built, young man leaning on a black poplar tree few feet away from her. He wore jeans, t-shirt, loafers and an intimidating expression that made Reyna uneasy. It was dark from where he stood so she could not really tell how he looked like. He stepped close to her and the sword he was holding glowed, lighting his face, and making it easier for Reyna to study his features.

He had sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. For a moment, she thought it was Jason. But she remembered that Jason’s scar was on his upper lip. This guy had a scar on his cheek just beneath his left eye. She was wearing a brooding expression and arrogant aura. It was the first time she saw this guy, but she already wanted to hate him for acting cool. However, she could not erase the fact that he was really cool and quite good looking too.

Reyna looked away as she realized that the guy was studying her.

“Where am I?” She asked to distract him.

“Where do dead people go?” He asked as though Reyna was too dumb to realize where she was.

She was beginning to hate this annoying, proud guy.

The guy rolled his eyes, “Yeah. You’re in Hades!” He pointed in front of them. “Look over there. That’s the River Styx.”

Reyna wanted to scream, “I know, right?” But she kept that to herself.

She ignored his ‘genius’ remark about the river. “How long I have been here?”

“A while..  It was hard to keep track of the time in here.” He said indifferently.

Reyna stared at him waiting for some answers. Her wide eye gaze must have frightened him. He suddenly looked uneasy this time. Like he was a kid who had done something wrong and was afraid he would get punished.