Not Hers to Lose (Eponine x Marius)

OTP: Eponine x Marius

Eponine Thenardier and Marius Pontmercy from Victor Hugo's Les Miserables

Brief Shipping Background: I watched Les Miserables yesterday and Eponine's story just hit me on the spot and.. I ended up with this. Les Miserables is not mine. I don't own the dialogues of the characters. I got 'em from the movie. I just wrote the descriptions. That's all. HAHA

Not Hers to Lose

A lady in tattered, shabby clothes walks inside the old attic room where Marius Pontmercy is staying. The lady stands in silence as she watches Marius looking deliriously handsome against the sunlight coming from the broken window. He is tall and a fine young man with his honey colored hair and freckles spreading across his fetching face. If there is one thing that the young lady enjoys doing in this world, it would be staring at Marius, her Marius.

After filling up his gun, he puts it back to the suitcase and turns to see the lady. The paralyzing gaze of his almond eyes rests with the lady’s. She smiles when their eyes meet but he does not seem to mind her presence at all.

He walks past by her, like she is not there at all, like she does not exist at all. Eponine Thenardier follows him as he walks down the wooden stairs.

“Hey there Monsieur!” She greets cheerfully. “What’s new with you? Haven’t seen much of you late..”

Marius continues walking and Eponine goes on following him. It hurts her every time he ignores her this way. Eponine always wishes for Marius to look at her as a woman and not just a little sister or worse, a  street urchin that she really is.

“Planning no doubt to change the world? Plotting to overthrow the state?” Eponine asks.

Their footsteps stomp against the old wooden staircase.

“Still living here in this old sewer. Might as well doss down in a ditch. You are still pretending to be poor. Everyone knows your Grandpa’s rich!”

Marius stops and turns to Eponine.

“How did you..?”

“There’s lots of things I know!” Eponine interrupts his question.

Marius shakes his head. “Won’t take a franc that I’ve not earned. All of those bridges have been burned!”

“I like the way you talk Monsieur!” She says dreamily, in her best teasing voice. Marius won’t even distinguish the slight imputation of Eponine’s feelings toward him through her teases.

“I like the way you always tease!” He says with a smile as he head to the door leaving Eponine behind.

Eponine stops and looks downheartedly at Marius.