Reyna Realizes (Jeyna)

I wrote another story. And it’s about REYNA and JASON (JEYNA)!! The story happened the week after their quest in Charleston where Reyna had an audience with Venus.

—————————— 

Reyna Realizes

Reyna locked herself inside her newly renovated office the whole day. She did not wish to see any trace of Jason Grace so she just  spent the whole day doing the most annoying praetor work of all times— going over the legion’s significant dossier. She thought that it was better to go crazy trying to read (she was Dyslexic), than to go outside and see Jason.

It was not supposed to be like this. She liked him from the very first day. She would have been happy being in a pathetic one sided love affair with the son of Jupiter until the audience with Venus happened.

“Sometimes people meet but it does not always mean that they would end up together. And no matter how much you like someone, you can’t always have him return your feelings. Because the sad reality in your world is.. You can’t always have it all. That’s how the Fates work my dear.”

The words of the Lady haunted Reyna. She was positive as well, that Venus was referring to her and to Jason. She meant Reyna met Jason but they would never end up together. Reyna liked Jason but the guy will never return the favor to Reyna. That’s how the Fates worked.

The sad reality implied by the words of Venus pained Reyna worse than any of the monsters she faced and had combat with. Maybe, Venus was trying to warn Reyna to stay away from Jason because he was not the one for her.

It had been a week since they came back from their quest in Charleston, and she was doing her best to avoid the boy. For the past week, Reyna chose to do things alone.

------------

It was almost six o’clock. Reyna stretched her arms and leaned her weary back on her chair. Her eyes stared at the icy blue ceiling of her office. It felt like staring in Jason’s eyes.

‘Maybe I should tell Bobby to paint it back to white..’ She thought to herself as she closed her eyes. She stayed still for a few moments. When she opened her eyes, she realized that the door of her office was wide open.

Standing in the door with his arms crossed over his chest was Jason Grace, himself. He was wearing faded jeans, sneakers and his purple Camp Jupiter shirt. How could she not even notice that he had trespassed her office? Was she that too preoccupied?

Jason’s eyes roamed inside until it rested onto Reyna’s. The corners of his lips lifted, “Hi!”

Reyna sat up straight.

“Yes? Anything you need?” She asked as she grabbed the nearest folder to her, flipped its leaves and pretended to go over it when in fact; she had already mastered its damn content.

“Well, I realized I haven’t seen you since lunch.”

Reyna raised an eyebrow. “Excuse me?” She inquired while wondering in her head why Jason was looking for her.

He started to walk around the office. “I haven’t been here in a while. Wow. Bob did a nice job here..” He commented convincingly as a sly and satisfied smile broke into his face, as though he did all the planning for the renovation.

He sat on the edge of her table, “You like it?”

If he would continue to be like this, Reyna told herself. I could never, ever get rid of him in one full blow.

Reyna gave up pretending hectic and finally dropped her folder. She looked up and her dark eyes met his icy blue ones.

“Yeah! It’s amazing.. Except for the ceiling.” She confessed as she looked up.