Chapter 13:

Geo

7:40 pm

Zig❤️
My uncle here...

-U good?

Zig❤️
Yeah. He just cooked talkin bout we need to talk

-ight. Call me if you need to

Zig❤️
Ok

"Geovonni!" My momma called my name and I looked up from the tv, in the living room playing my ps5

"Ma'am"

"It's March"

"And?"

"Prom is the end of next month"

"Yeah"

"You don't plan on going?"

"Nah"

She put her hand on her hip while I went back to playing the game

"And why not?"

"Cause.. I don't wanna"

"Geo. It's your senior year"

"And? Prom ain that important"

"It is. It's a once in a lifetime experience and i think you'll enjoy it. Zakia going?"

"Ziggy don't even like them people at school. Plus I doubt that's the main thing on her mind right now"

"What's wrong with her?"

"She just stressin bout after graduation"

"For what? She don't know what she Wanna do?"

"I mean, she ain get accepted into the colleges she applied for"

"Are you serious? What is she gonna do?"

I shrugged "she gotta find something cause her uncle told her after August get here she gotta go"

When I told my momma that her face dropped

"She gotta go? Are you serious?"

"Yeah. And she said she feel like she running outta options on what to do so I told her I'll see if I can find a way to help her"

"That's sad" she sighed while sitting down on the couch beside me "I've always felt bad for zakia. She's a beautiful, smart and respectful young girl and she has to go through so much"

"Ziggy don't deserve Nothin she go through" I muttered while I focused on the game

"I agree with you. She doesn't, but unfortunately we can't control life... and you would think her uncle wouldn't be so hard in her when he knows he's all she basically got"

"Same thing I said ma"

"Well I'll see what I can do. Try to talk to some people, but first I need to talk to zakia. What is she doing tomorrow?"

" ion know. It depends cause her uncle came home today"

Momma rolled her eyes while I laughed

"We'll see what she's doing tomorrow, if not tomorrow then I'll find a day to get with her and talk so something can get done"

I smiled, paused my game and looked at her "see I knew you would come through"

"Of course. I don't play about my babies. Especially one that could potentially be my future daughter in law"