Chapter 21:

Ziggy
March 26
5:50 pm

I sat outside on the steps with the phone pressed to my ear as I called Tia's momma to see if she was okay because I really did feel bad for her. All week I've been fighting with myself to check on her because we weren't cool anymore but at the same time, we were friends for years and JUST feel out recently.

The phone rang for a few seconds and eventually it picked up

"Hello?" Her momma answered

"Hey ms west, it's zakia"

"Zakia... how are you?"

" I'm fine"

"That's good to know..."

"I-uh.. I was calling to see how Tia was doing"

I heard her sigh and clear her throat before talking again

"Zakia.. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I'm looking out for my daughter at this point. From my understanding you two aren't friends nomore so what's the reasoning behind calling?"

"She was my friend for years before we fell out a couple of weeks ago. I just wanted to see if she was good cause last I heard, she was fighting for her life"

"Tia told me you said she basically called her jealous of your relationship with some boy, you ditched her at the mall after fussing because you didn't like one of her other friends and then threatened her by saying you'll see her when you see her.. I don't know how things work for your generation but the way I raised my child is anybody that does that.. was never a friend and never will be"

"Ms Wes-"

"I don't need an explanation for anything. All I ask is you take my daughter out of your mind. I let her chose her friends and you see where it has her? Look at the situation she's in! She was barely clinging onto life a few days ago! So please, delete my number, her number and her sisters number, don't call ever again and leave us alone. You've done enough already"

And with that she hung up the phone. I looked down at the screen for a minute and scratched through my hair, eventually letting down my bun so my hair could breathe right now and continued scratching through it as a car pulled up. My head was down as I scratched my head so I could only just hear it but I'm pretty sure it was only Geo

"I can hear you scratching yo head from over here" Geo said as he got out of the car and I looked up, watching him as he sat down beside me lighting a blunt that was in his hand

"Is it like some kind of Ziggy hate train going around or something?"

He looked at me while hitting the blunt "what?"

"Everybody hates me.. and I don't know why"

"What happened now?"

"You remember I said I was worried about Tia right?"

He nodded while he continued to hit the blunt before passing it to me

"Well I just called her momma and she basically went off on me"

"For what?"

"Cause I guess Tia told her about us falling out. So she was like delete their numbers and leave them alone cause I did enough already"

Geo knitted his eyebrows together while I just hit the blunt shaking my head

"The hell she mean by that?"

"I don't even know geovonni. I'm just over people at this point" I laid my head on his shoulder "If only I had my momma to talk to at times like this.. to bad she thinking I'm still 14 years old"