ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ - ɴᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴄʜᴏꜱᴇɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀᴛᴇꜱ ꜱᴛᴏʟᴇɴ

{"Hi there, we have decided to tear away slightly from the book plot from this point onwards, to include quidditch and end of year exams to first off, make it more realistic and to fit with where we want this book to work" Lyssa explained}

As Hermione rejoined the group after classes in their usual spot by the Great Lake. The twins, Mel and Venus had made the stupid decision to try and climb the tree by where they usually sat. Cedric had chosen to be the sensible one, sitting below the tree in an effort to try and stop them from hurting themselves too badly. As 'Mione got close enough to wrap Cedric into a hug, Venus and Mel reached the top of the tree and sat there watching the two struggling boys attempt to climb it. Hermione sighed in mild annoyance as she pulled Cedric down with her to cuddle. The others are old enough to not die from a 10 foot drop. Worse case scenario they go to the hospital wing, regardless, Hermione needed more time with her soulmate. And Cedric wasn't one to say no to cuddles so he happily obliged with a soft sigh as he allowed himself to be dragged down and pulled into the ever comforting embrace of Hermione's arms and chest. Hermione sighed in relaxation as she took the long missed opportunity to stick her nose in his neck and take a deep breath. "I love you Ceddy"

"I love you too 'Mione"

The Wonderland Wizards had decided to disperse for the day, as the Slytherins (Fred, George and Mel) had Quidditch as Adrian Pucey (Quidditch Captain) had ramped up their practice time, since there were less matches this year the ones they played were even more important. This gave Venus and Hermione some time to study. The two girls decided to go to the library and work until the others came to find them.  It had been maybe 20 minutes before a...nervous? Fleur Delacour came up and asked if she could join them. The girls of course agreed, happy to have a new study mate, and excited to get to know the french girl more.

A few hours passed, the girls got closer than they could ever have thought they would, soon knowing the others favorite things and small quirks. As Hermione went to return the books they had been using Venus and Fleur started laughing loudly together, Venus resting her head on Fleur's shoulder as a Slytherin girl entered the library, having finished practice early and wanting to surprise her girlfriend, instead, she left with a sour expression on her face.

***

The Guy Fawkes feast seemed to take much longer than usual. Perhaps because it was their second feast in two days, Venus didn't seem to fancy the extravagantly prepared food as much as she would have normally. Like everyone else in the Hall, judging by the constantly craning necks, the impatient expressions on every face, the fidgeting, and the standing up to see whether Dumblewhore had finished eating yet, Venus simply wanted the plates to clear, and to hear who had been selected as champions.

At long last, the golden plates returned to their original spotless state; there was a sharp upswing in the level of noise within the Hall, which died away almost instantly as Dumblewhore got to his feet. On either side of him, Professor Karkaroff and Madame Maxime looked as tense and expectant as anyone. Ludo Bagman was beaming and winking at various students. Mr. Crouch, however, looked quite uninterested, almost bored.

"Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," said Dumblewhore. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" - he indicated the door behind the staff table - "where they will be receiving their first instructions."

He took out his wand and gave a great sweeping wave with it; at once, all the candles except those inside the carved pumpkins were extinguished, plunging them into a state of semidarkness. The Goblet of Fire now shone more brightly than anything in the whole Hall, the sparkling bright, bluey-whiteness of the flames almost painful on the eyes. Everyone watched, waiting. . . . A few people kept checking their watches. . .