ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ - ᴛʜᴇ ʏᴜʟᴇ ʙᴀʟʟ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴛᴀꜱᴋ

{"We are sorry for this chapter. It had to happen. It was required for the plot. Please bear with us as all will be fixed in a few chapters." Lyssa announced to the empty theatre she herself, holding a large box of tissues, "Also hope you enjoy the fucking long chapter that took so long to write, up to the point I wanted to smash my head in." Amy says as she passes out from lack of sleep}

It had been a few weeks since Venus had visited the Prefects bathroom and Mel had remained keeping her distance, but now it was from the entirety of the Wonderland Wizards Gang. A rift had appeared between the gang, as Mel distanced herself from Venus more, the sour feelings in the others grew until soon, none of them had spoken in days. At meal times, They had begun distancing themselves from her, moving to the other end of the table. As usual Mel had shown little emotional reaction instead choosing to bury herself into her studies. The average student wouldn't have noticed any changes but Venus did. The hair that Venus used to love playing with had gotten duller, the smile that used to make her day rarely appeared any more - particularly since Charlie appeared even less often since the task was over - and Mel had clearly lost weight. Venus was the same way, she hadn't slept properly since this had started, she had stopped eating as much at meal times - despite how much the others had tried to get her to eat. Dark bags had made their home under her eyes and her hair hung limply around her shoulders.

The others were also affected, the twins had taken a sharp dislike toward their older brother since, at least in their eyes, this behaviour had only started when Charlie had come for the first task and they had to speak to Dumblwhore about Charlie staying in Hogsmeade for the tournament so him and his soulmate could see each other. They didn't like how Mel was behavining towards their little puff but they were suspicious since before the first task none of this behaviour had been there but now she had gotten very distant to them all, barely bothering to speak to them except for during Quidditch, and even then it was only a few. Since the split, George and Fred had spent less time defending Mel during Quidditch games, resulting in a few hospital wing visits, but the Wonderland Wizards wouldn't know since they hadn't cared to visit.

Fleur seemed to be the only one who could get somewhat through to Venus, but even then Venus barely participated in life. She spent all her time studying, practicing for the second task and crying into Fleur's shoulder in the Hufflepuff common room. If it wasn't for the twins and Hermione dragging her to class she most likely wouldn't have left her room.

{"I DON'T WANNA WRITE AMY, I DON'T WANNA WRITE THE NEXT SCENE! THIS HAS BEEN PAINFUL ENOUGH ALREADY, DON'T MAKE ME MAKE IT WORSE! JUST CAUSE YOU'RE CAPSIZING A SWAN IN A POOL DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE EXCUSE TO MAKE ME WRITE THE ANGST!" Lyssa cried as she tried to stop her tears from flooding her laptop}

It was the start on another day in hell for Venus, or so she thought. She, Fleur and Hermione had just gone into the library to study when she saw the person who was the cause of all her misery over the last few weeks. Fleur and Hermione tried to drag Venus to the side of the room to avoid the slytherin girl who was trying to leave the library. Instead the following thing happened:

Venus walked up to Mel and slapped her across the cheek and yelled "WHY THE HELL ARE YOU IGNORING ME? WHAT DID I DO? WAS I NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MISS PRISSY LITTLE PUREBLOOD? IS THIS SERIOUSLY WHAT WE'VE COME TO? DID YOU EVER WANT TO DATE ME IN THE FIRST PLACE? HUH, TELL ME THEN?"

Mel's eyes watered slightly as she absorbed what her, now presumed ex, girlfriend was saying. She knew she was in the wrong but she didn't know what else to do. Something in her was telling her to stay away from the young girl. That she should only be with Charlie. That the others didn't actually like her and that she should distance herself from them so as not to cause any heartbreak. So, instead of being the sassy Slytherin Venus had grown to love and retorting back she simply blinked back her tears and walked away from Venus towards the Slytherin common rooms and her dorm, where she could cry in peace.