Part 27

Stevie didn't know, when Lindsey was going to come over exactly. While she waited, she took a quick shower and changed into something a bit more comfortable. She went to the kitchen to heat up leftovers from the night before, without any intention of making dinner for Lindsey. It was not a dinner date. Taking a seat at the table, Stevie picked up a fork with one hand and held her phone in the other. She considered, sending a text to Lauren, but she doubted, she'd get an answer. She hoped, she hadn't lost her friend forever, but the wounds were clearly still fresh and time was most likely what Lauren needed right now. 

The doorbell rang and Stevie pushed her chair back, thinking, she should really make a key for Lindsey. "I thought, you've chan-" Stevie began as she pulled the door open, then stopped herself. 

"Hello."

"Can I help you with something?" Stevie asked, not having expected to see the man, who stood in front of her. 

"You could invite me in." Mr. Lynwood shrugged, a smile on his face, which made her uncomfortable.

"Why are you here? How do you know, where I live?" Stevie swallowed uneasily, blocking the entryway into her home. 

"Oh, it wasn't that difficult really." 

"I'm sorry, I don't think-"

Mr. Lynwood placed his hand against the door, preventing Stevie from closing it. He pushed at it and walked in, making her take a couple of steps back. 

"I'm expecting someone, you should leave." Stevie folded her arms over her chest.

"Is that Lindsey? I know that you two saw each other today." Mr. Lynwood walked around, hands behind his back. He stopped to look at photographs, hanging on the walls, before he turned his head towards Stevie. "Funny, you have a picture with my daughter here, considering the fact you've been sleeping with her boyfriend."

"Why are you here?" Stevie questioned, his demeanor was making her nervous. 

"So, you don't deny it?" He replied with a question of his own. "That's not very nice, is it?"

"That's none of your business." She shook her head, keeping good distance between them. "Besides, they broke up."

The look on his face told Stevie that he didn't know that. "Ah, well, how unfortunate. I thought, I had leverage here."

"I'd like you to leave, please." Trying to keep her voice even, Stevie stepped back, when Mr. Lynwood took slow steps towards her. 

"You like men, who are taken, huh. I've been married for a long time, you know." Backed into a corner, Stevie didn't know what to do. Her breathing increased, she backed herself up against the wall. "I've always found you exceptionally beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off you, when you'd come over to hang out with Lauren. Especially those hot summer's days, when you'd put on your swimsuit and jump in the pool. I used to sit in my chair, in my office, sip on a glass of whiskey and watch you."

"Leave, please." Everything he'd said, made Stevie shudder. She had no way of knowing, how far he'd go, but in her mind, he'd gone far enough. "I'm not like that and you're a creep."

"Oh, come on now." Mr. Lynwood laughed, cocking his head to one side. His hand fell on her hip, with the other, he tucked a strand of hair away from her face. "I might be considerably older, but I'm still very capable."

Stevie placed her hands against his chest and pushed him away, but he didn't budge even a little. "Why are you doing this?"

"I've already told you, you're one of a kind." His face was inches apart from hers, Stevie turned her head away, pushing at his chest again. "You didn't have a problem, getting into Lindsey's bed. You like knowing that it's wrong, don't you? It's exciting, huh?"

"No! No, get away from me!" She struggled to prevent him from getting any closer as his hold on her tightened. "It's different, what Lindsey and I have. You're just an old, disgusting man, trying to take advantage of the situation!"

Mr. Lynwood let go of her and stepped back, but the grin on his face remained. "I like a challenge. This-" He showed between them with his hand. "It's not over yet."

Stevie felt like she had just had a horrible nightmare. She wished, she'd wake up, but unfortunately, it was real. She let out a deep breath, which she seemed to have been holding in for a long time, once the man left. Running a hand through her hair, Stevie's eyebrows creased as if she was about to start crying, but she took a couple of breaths and shook herself in order to calm down. Grabbing her phone, she found Lindsey in her contacts and typed him a message.

"Get here now."