16 - Results

**A/N**: SURPRISE!!! I have a few hours of nothing to do (I'm visiting my old school and most of my friends are in class), so I decided that now is a good time for me to post one of the chapters that I've had sitting around for a few days. The next chapter will be up on Saturday night as long as I can get wifi in the hotel.

Anyways, don't forget to vote/comment/message/fan/whatever to let me know what you think of the chapter. I hope you like it!

Enjoy!

-Abby

P.S. Dedicated to @8o8man for being awesome. 

*************************************************************************************************************

*Niall’s POV*

After ordering our food, we all sit around and chat for a while. I allow myself to become engrossed in a conversation with Zayn about his hair products; Zayn gives me a few suggestions about what I could do differently with my hair, which I pretend to consider. Somehow, by the time our food arrives at the table, we’re our dreams and how we usually look in them. Apparently, Zayn had a dream recently where his hair was all shaved off and he couldn’t do anything about it, which I believe is how we got to that topic in the first place.

Zayn starts questioning me about my dreams, seeming to have suddenly remember the conversation we had after our interview with UKTV London a couple of weeks ago. “So, how have your dreams been lately? Anything interesting?” he queries, attempting to be nonchalant about it.

“I haven’t been able to remember any of my dreams lately,” I lie. I still wake up every night, crying over the fact that my dreams are so bloody perfect. The only thing that has changed since our last conversation is that my dreams aren’t just repeating themselves anymore: every night my dreams build onto the ones I had the night before. Last night I dreamt that Liam and I adopted a little girl with light blonde hair, chocolate-coloured eyes, and pale skin. She looked almost exactly how I picture our biological children would look if we could have them, except that I don’t have natural blonde hair. On the other hand, Li and I both have family with blonde hair, so we could pass it on in a recessive gene…

“Niall? Are you okay?” Zayn asks, interrupting my thoughts.

I blink a few times and see that the dark-haired boy has a worried expression on his face. I mumble a quiet, “I’m fine,” to him before excusing myself and heading to the men’s room.

I sigh softly, watching a few stray tears stream down the face of my reflection in the bathroom mirror. I turn on the taps of the sink in front of me and splash my face with water. After drying my face with a paper towel, I decide to head back out to the table; I don’t want to be gone long enough for anyone to worry. Of course, as my luck would have it, I walk out of restroom and straight into a person.

“Sorry,” I say to whomever I ran into, “I should have been watching where I was going.”

“Don’t worry about it, Nialler,” a soft voice replies.

I try to walk away, but someone’s hand grabs my wrist and spins me around to face them. I gulp loudly when I see the look of concern on Liam’s face, instantly regretting trying to leave. I bite my lip, waiting for him to say something.

“Are you doing alright, Ni?” Liam inquires, seeming to scrutinize my every move in an attempt to judge whether or not I’m being completely honest with him.

“I’ve been better,” I admit, but choose not to elaborate.

“I can see that,” Liam states, eyeing my up and down again. “Do you wanna talk about it?”