18 - Honest Rumours

**A/N**: It is Saturday, therefore I'm updating again today! Also because I am about halfway done writting the last chapter of ICHTETIT (maybe) and I'd like to be able to have it all published before 2013 starts.

Vote/comment/fan/message/whatever like usual to let me know what you think of this chapter! I'm excited to hear what you think!

Enjoy!

-Abby

P.S. Dedicated to a Thedirection1D because her birthday was yesterday and she leaves awesome comments. :D 

************************************************************************************************************
*Liam's POV*
(September 25th)

I decided to cook breakfast this morning to give myself some alone time to think. I have some major plans for the next few days, and I'm not just talking about the release of the first single from our next album in three days. No, these plans are so much more than that.

Today I have to go visit management on my own to discuss the rumours that I've managed to start on Twitter. Most of the fans don't believe them yet, but they will if I can get permission from management to confirm them. Danielle has been helping me to figure everything out, so she'll be meeting me there.

Tomorrow, if all goes well, I'll be confirming the rumour with at least one member of the media. I know from experience that I'm not a good actor, so it will be a challenge for me to be convincing.

The day after that, the lads and I are going to have interviews galore. This is to be expected, considering the day after that is the release of our new single, Live While We're Young. That means continuing to confirm the rumours and put my lack of acting skills to the test.

The sad thing is, as much as these plans scare me, they've got nothing on my plans for the next few weeks and months. I'm beyond nervous for the future right now, but I can't back down.

I feel a pair of arms wrap around my torso just before someone rests their chin against my shoulder. "Mm, smells good," a familiar voice murmurs in my ear.

My heartbeat quickens and I can't stop the grin that makes its way onto my face. I will never get used to the way you make me feel. "It'll be ready in a few minutes, love,” I reply.

As if on cue, Niall’s stomach rumbles and I can’t help but laugh. “Sounds good!” Niall practically shouts before leaving me alone with my thoughts once again.

A minute or two after Niall walks away, Harry walks in to help me finish cooking. “How is everything coming along?” he asks as he takes a stack of plates out of the cabinet.

“Everything is going great,” I answer. I start transferring the bacon and sausage from the pan to the platter that I set out while I wait for Harry to continue.

“And you’re sure you don’t need Lou and I to go with you tonight?” he queries.

I look away from the food for a moment to face my youngest bandmate. Worry is written all over his face, so I reassure him that I’ll be fine without them. “Besides, Danielle is meeting me there,” I remind him.

Harry pauses and seems to be contemplating what to say next. “So, you’re really going through with this then?”

I nod at the curly-haired boy, and then I return my focus to my cooking. “Could you please get the orange juice out?”

******************************************************
(that night)

This is it, I think as I open the doors to the conference room. I scan the room until my gaze falls upon the curly-haired brunette who promised to meet me here. She smiles at me before gesturing for me to come in and sit down.