17 - Moving On

**A/N**: I promised an update on the day the world ends, so here it is (it's only 11-something here). I want to congratulate everyone who lives east of Eastern Standard Time for living through the apocalypse.

Now, go enjoy this (maybe not really) awesome chapter!

-Abby

P.S. Dedicated to @1directioner1997 because of reasons.

************************************************************************************************************

*Zayn’s POV*

After dinner, I convinced Abby to go and see the new Batman movie with me, which was a lot of fun. I love being able to just relax and spend time with my girlfriend. It gets hard sometimes, like when the band is needed at the studio or when we have gigs, but it’s worth it to me to have a great career and an amazing girl to share it with. Unfortunately, The Dark Knight Rises could only last for so long before I had to drop her off at her place.

“I’ll see you at least one more time before I leave, okay?” I assure Abby, holding her hands in mine.

The brunette nods and smiles, but it doesn’t reach her eyes. “Of course you will, Zayn,” she murmurs. She starts to pull away and walk up the stairs to her door, but I stop her on the first step.

“What? No good night kiss?” I tease, giving her the best puppy dog eyes I can conjure on such short notice. She rolls her eyes at me, but turns so that she is facing me. I silently giggle at the fact that, even when standing on that step, my girlfriend is still shorter than me.

“Just gonna make me stand here all night?” Abby asks, putting her hands on her hips in an attempt to look annoyed.

“Hmm, if it means more time with you, I might just consider it.” In contradiction to what I just said, I wrap my arms around Abby’s waist and pull her in for a hug and a kiss. We finish saying good night to each other, I kiss her on the forehead, and then I wait to make sure that she gets inside.

As I climb back into my car, I decide to check my phone; I had turned my phone off in the theatre and had yet to turn in back on. I wasn’t really expecting anything, but as soon as my phone finishes loading I see that I have a missed call and several texts from the lads. I scroll to the earliest of my updated conversations: Harry Styles.

8:23PM - ‘Hey, did you get a chance to talk to Niall?’

8:30PM - ‘Are you aware that Niall went home with Liam after dinner?’

8:58PM - ‘Have you seen twitter yet?’

9:03PM - ‘Did you know about Liam’s doctor’s appointment?’

9:11PM - ‘Sorry about all of Louis’ texts; he’s excited and I’m trying to calm him down.’

9:31PM - ‘I just remembered that you had a date after dinner. Call me when it’s finished?’

I start to feel curious about all of Harry’s questions, but decide to check all of my other messages before doing anything else. Next conversation: Niall Horan.

7:28PM - ‘Hey, I just agreed to go talk to Liam at his apartment. What should I do?’

8:16PM - ‘I’m currently freaking out. We’re almost back to Liam’s flat and I don’t know if I’m ready.’

9:43PM - ‘Ignore my previous texts: everything went swell.’

10:21PM - ‘I need someone to talk to and it can’t be Liam. Call me tomorrow? G’night.’