Love ~ Musiq Soulchild

Peeta

I slept so good last night. Better than I think I have in a year. I slept in Katniss' bed. She looks so beautiful this morning.

We made breakfast, I asked her on a date, and she said yes. Not sure where the courage for that came from but if possible, I don't want to spend another night apart. Maybe that's too soon? But the heart wants, what the heart wants. My heart wants Katniss as much as possible for the rest of my life.

I think she wants to take us to the next level. She did explain that she hasn't been with anyone and she does want to wait for love. I think she was trying to find out where I was and how I was feeling. Should I just blurt out, I love you Katniss... again.

That sounds dumb.

I know what I want to do on our date. I run around town setting up everything for tonight and by the time I get home it's about 4:50.

I start getting dressed.

I'm outside her house by 5:55. She comes out at 6:01 but she looks amazing. Her hair is down, no braids. No ponytails. She's wearing a dress. It's not a super fancy dress. Just a green, short sleeved, sun dress that comes to right below her knees. Cute little flat shoes instead of her boots. I'm glad I wore a collared shirt even if there's no tie.

"You look amazing." I tell her. "These are for you."

I give her the flowers I picked out earlier today. They're stargazer lilies.

"Oh, Peeta they are beautiful. I'll just go put 'em in the house." She says smelling them.

"Glad you like them."

"Okay, I'm ready. You still aren't telling me where we are going?" She asks once she's back.

"Nope, not telling, and you have to close your eyes..." I tell her and take her hand. "But we are heading to town first."

"Agh, I'm bad at surprises." She says, putting her head on my shoulder.

I'm so happy, I can't stop smiling like goofball.

"Okay, now close 'em." I tell her when we get to town. She squeezes my hand but is smiling and closes her eyes. "No, peeking."

"I'm not!" She laughs.

I take her to the bakery. It just got finished being rebuilt and I got the keys today. I take her in the back where I have a table set up with candles and food from Greasy Sae. Bread provided by myself. I sit her down. Katniss looks even more stunning by candlelight. She sniffs at the air trying to figuring out the food. "Okay open."

"Wow. Are we in your bakery? It's finished and beautiful. When did you do all this?" She asks.

"Yes, the bakery is done. Thank you, and today. You like it?"

"Yes." She says a little teary.

I think she appreciates the gesture. But I don't want her to cry so I tell her I'll be right back and bring in another surprise.

"How can I help you?"

"Haymitch?!" Katniss squeals surprised.

She erupts into giggles.

That's better.

Haymitch is holding wine, from the Capitol and he's in a pair of black slacks, and a white collared shirt. Complete with a vest much too tight and a bow tie. His hair is combed. She's hysterical after a minute.

"It's actually how may I serve you." I correct, also laughing.

"Shut it Boy! So milady? Did you want some?" He grumbles.