Right Here~Justin Bieber

Peeta

It's been 3 days since Gale showed up out of the blue at Katniss' house.

She called, about an hour after he'd left that day, and told me he had apologized and she had decided they could be friends again. She said he was finally moving on from her romantically. Which surprised me by the way he had groped her right in front of me. She said he was going back to District 2 but he'd be visiting more often. She apologized to me for the argument. I told her there was no need to say sorry but that I wanted to be alone for a little while. She said okay and she tried to call a couple of times since then. I couldn't pick up.

I called Finnick and told him what had happened. He told me I was a fool. He said Katniss was trying to seduce me. At first I didn't believe him. But then it started to make sense. Her dressing sexy. Asking me to go to her room and trying to flirt. It's laughable. Katniss going out of her way to try and sneakily get me to do something I already want to do. The thought of what she was up to has me anxious and it makes me avoid her even more. Katniss isn't just some girl I want to sleep with. I want to marry her and especially before I... Deflower her. If she hasn't been by Gale already. I can't just treat her like she's some trophy I'm winning.

Haymitch came over and told me I shouldn't be moping. I told him I wasn't. That I just needed time to think.

"Boy don't waste precious time. Take it from old Haymitch. Just make your move."

That's the thing though. I'm not sure how to go forward. I wish my dad were here. I don't feel the loss of my family constantly, but at times like these, it's brought to the forefront of my mind. I don't know how but I will convince Katniss to marry me. I will make her happy. After everything we've been through... We deserve love and happiness.

One night unexpectedly, I hear Katniss screaming. I think how much I wish I could take away the nightmares. Next thing I know I'm walking over to her house and just standing outside, until I see her bedroom light come on and go off again. I go home feeling useless. Just when I get in back bed and I try to go back to a restless sleep myself, my phone rings. I can't imagine who could be calling. It's 1:00am. I hope it's not Finnick and Annie with bad news about the baby.

"Hello."

"Peeta are you?... "

It's Katniss?

"Did I see you walking home just now?" She asks.

"Yes. I... I heard you and wanted to... do something. But when I got to your house, I didn't know what to do. So I left." I confess to her.

"Peeta, will you come and help me get back to sleep? I miss you and we could just sleep... like on the train. I'm so tired." She sounds so desperate to sleep and if I can help in any way, I have to.

"Always." Is all I say.

"Thank you." She says and hangs up.

Her door is unlocked. I walk up the stairs to her room. She's sitting up in bed, looking exhausted. I climb into bed, pull her to my chest and wrap an arm around her. She takes a deep breath then lets out a yawn. I smile thinking how good this feels. Her relying on me.

"Are you avoiding me?" She asks me bluntly.

"Yes, but not... it's not what you think?"

"You don't know what I think." She says matter of factly.

"Katniss I want to... Well I want... "

Why can't I get this out?

"Let's talk about it tomorrow." She says yawning again.

Of course. She should sleep.

"Okay. I'll be right here."

***

We sleep soundly through the night comforted by each other's arms.

I dream that night of us in love. Flashes of a toasting. Flashes of us in bed and making love. Flashes of Katniss with a protruding belly. Finally, in a meadow in the woods. I see the back of a little girl with long blonde hair and an even younger boy with hair like mine but Katniss's color. We watch them play without fear of a reaping. I seem happy and Katniss looks peaceful.