29

Kirishima was laying in his hammock as the ship was traveling through the night. Captain Midoriya thought since they had the detour that continuing to travel through the night would beneficial. Most of the crew were asleep since it was late in the night, leaving him and Iida awake since the blue haired was steering the ship.

He couldn't sleep as he rethought Sero's words.

"If you think so than why not be a pirate like us?"

Being around Mina and them showed how different this pirate crew was compared to Bakugou's. They cared about each other and even befriended someone from an island they just met. Sero made it sound nice, and how he traded his old life to this one sounded exciting.

A slight frown appeared on his lips, but what about the village? It has been some time since he was taken so maybe they were rebuilding it back him, the women and children were safe in the cave behind the waterfall when they attacked so they might be helping.

But how many man gotten away? He remembered seeing his buddies run into the woods with those bad guys following them, were they safe or sold off like him?

He did tell Midoriya that he'd only come on board if he returned back to his people once they get onto the mainland.

Kirishima sighed, "I need some air" he muttered to himself before carefully getting out of his hammock, making sure to be careful of the person underneath him. Success getting out of the hammock he made his way to the stairs, going up them to the main deck.

A quarter moon greeted him when he got outside. He looked around the deck to see it completely abandoned, he looked back to the steering wheel to see Iida.

The sound of the sea crashing into the boat helped calm down the redhead's thoughts a bit.

'Would it be a good thing leading pirates to the village, everyone would surely react and get them away as soon as possible' he thought as he walked over to the railing. Splashes of the salty sea sprays on his face as he leaned on the railing.

'Chief doesn't like people who bring harm, he might think I sided with them to do more harm to them' a frown appeared on his face as he looked at the vast sea in front of him.

'But what if he got to the know them and see they won't do harm, they might help us if we ask them' the frown slowly disappeared before he sighed.

He pushed himself off the railing and started to wonder the deck.

'If I became a pirate than I can see the world like Sero did, have stories to tell the kids when I return back home and know how to defend myself better that I share with the others' he thought of the pros of being a pirate.

'There's always the possibility of getting caught and killed by anyone at any minute that blows, I'd rather keep my head' Kirishima rubbed his neck subconsciously.

Another sigh escaped his mouth as he lowered his arm, 'why couldn't this all not happened, I'd be back with everyone with no worries'

"The hell are you doing here?" A groggy voice interrupted the redhead's thoughts and getting his attention.

He looked up from the ground to see he had somehow made his way to the cells without any knowledge. He also happened to be standing in front of the only cell that held anyone.

Bakugou was waken by someone walking down to the cells and the sigh. Being a pirate for how long he's been he learned one must always have guards up to survive.

"I asked you a question" he asked Kirishima as he moved into a sitting position, glaring at him for interrupting his sleep so late in the night.

"I walked?" Kirishima answered as he didn't get what his question was.

The blond rolled his eyes, "you woke me up just cause you wanted to take a fucking walk, I'd break your legs if I could"

Kirishima took a step back but realized he was safe as long as the blond stayed in the cell. He grabbed his arm and rubbed it, "sorry man I was lost in thought, I didn't mean to come here" he told him as he looked to the side.

Lost in thought? That caught the blond's attention, one of his eyebrows rose in question, "thoughts of what?"

Kirishima released his arm as he took a seat on the ground, "if I want to be a pirate or not"

That caused a laugh out of Bakugou, not expecting to hear that from him. "Like you have what it takes to be one, be killed at the first chance" he told him as a smirk appeared on his face.

"But Sero was able too so maybe I can too"

"What about your "precious" village huh, aren't returning what you want?" Bakugou asked as he rolled his eyes at 'precious'.

Kirishima's mouth turned into a straight line as he looked to his lap, "that's why I'm lost in thought" he said to answer the previous question prior to this conversation, "I can't decide what I want to do"

Bakugou groaned as he listened to the redhead, not into the heartfelt conversation as much as the redhead is used to doing. "You had to bother me for this shit, just pick one and leave me alone" he told Kirishima as he gives him a glare, wanting to go back to sleep.

Kirishima glanced up at the blond before going back to his lap.

Be a Pirate and learn or go back to the village and get the possibility of getting attacked again.

Learn new things or go back to how things were

Adventure or village life

Kirishima looked up from his lap and looked at Bakugou in his red eyes, "I'm going to become a pirate"

A small smirk appeared on the blond's face as he returned the direct eye contact, "than be a bloody good one"

Next Chapter