06 ➵ FALLING (feels like flying 'til the bone crush) | WOOSAN

GENRE: fluff

MAIN: choi san/jung wooyoung

WARNINGS: literally nothing just Men Are Disgusting Sometimes

WORD COUNT: 14.4k

NOTE: the title is from 'gold rush' by taylor swift!! also, all of ateez r the same age for the sole purpose of this fic jsjdnnjesj anyway yeah here u have a boyscout au where they're just fooling around like the kids they are :] 

ㅡ ㅡ

San had no choice but to stare as his beautiful centrepiece (scribbled on the sand using a twig he'd grabbed from under the mango tree) got washed away with the first quick drops of rain to smatter across the ground, splattering across the tarp they'd laid out for breakfast.

"San," Hongjoong, their patrol's assistant leader, called sharply, plates and cups already stacked high on his left hand. "Get a move on, the fuck? Collect the dishes and get someone to bring the tarp into the hall, we're not having breakfast here."

"Someone kicked sand onto the plates!" Wooyoung screeched. He held up a Winnie The Pooh plate, a few grains of sand stuck to it thanks to the moisture from the rain.

"Go wash it! Hurry up, we still have activities to do, you didn't even finish building your gadget last night!" Hongjoong yelled again, and Wooyoung scurried off towards the row of taps, a few plates that fell victim to the sand-kicking (probably Mingi or Yunho walking with their shoes on again) stacked in his hands.

San took a quick look around the compound. The other patrols were already packing up, getting ready to move into the hall, as the beginning drops continued to rain down. It looked like only their patrol was lagging behind, with San still standing near the 'table' clearly mortified at the rain's decision to wash his sand art away — god knew where Yunho and Mingi were — Jongho and Yeosang were on cooking duty, which was just as well, seeing that they'd have nothing to eat if they didn't do their job — Wooyoung was washing the dishes, and Seonghwa and Hongjoong were already inside the hall.

Thankfully some of them were still behaving like Scouts. The others? Not so much.

It was the last day of the small camp their school had arranged for their Boy Scout troop, to commence the end of exams and the summer break ahead. It had been going relatively well - until that morning. San's patrol (Mercury) were still reeling from their morning exercise, after a rather sleepless night where they'd heard nothing but loud footsteps and laughter over the soft music box tones that Yunho put on (further proving their theories that their school was indeed haunted).

They'd been hungry after the (rather lazily executed) workout and had immediately sent Jongho and Yeosang to the shelter under the water-apple tree, where the cooks from each patrol assembled — and San had spent a majority of the time on mess duty drawing up a centrepiece of flowers and encouraging words on the sand as Wooyoung laid out the tarp and arranged the plates rather huffily. Yunho and Mingi, being on camp duty, didn't have much to do (and probably took the opportunity to hole away in their classroom underneath the sleeping bags and make out) — though they had also spent some time with them as they laid the 'table', which was probably how the sand had ended up in the plates.

And then it began raining.

Consequently, they had to recollect all the dishes, roll up the tarp, and restart their work inside the confines of the school hall, where San wouldn't be able to draw up a beautiful centerpiece nor rub his shoes on Wooyoung's thigh when he poured some of his drink into San's meal.