twenty-two.

"...so please don't, please don't, please don't- there's no need to complicate cause our time is short, this oh, this oh, this is all baby. i'm yours...zah."

i finished strumming, opening my eyes as i heard clapping, my eyes moving directly to my uncle who was basically falling over the counter as he cheered louder than everyone in there.

"that's my niece-y!" he yelled, whistling with two fingers, causing me to laugh as my eyes passed through the busy cafe catching onto a few customers.

and then my eyes landed on miles.

"you were great," he complimented, coming up on the stage while people went back to their lives. miles offered me a crooked smile as i hopped down from my chair and it took everything in me not to hug him right there. he grabbed my wrist when i ignored him and started packing up my guitar, "georgie. you said i didn't do anything wrong yet you shun me every chance you get? tell me what i did because right now you're hurt and i don't want to hurt you..." he trailed off as realization hit his features, "did something happen after-"

after you tried to kill yourself.

apparently miles had forgotten everything after the train incident. he didn't remember the kiss, he didn't remember the way he made me feel when he'd called me delilah.

"that's the problem, you can't fix it because you didn't do anything, miles! why don't you fucking understand that?"