Chapter 20

Yuzu's POV

It was the second day and we were at the dining hall for breakfast. Everyone was here and that includes the gay gang of Mei Ahara and Queen Atlantia's family. Her brother Atlas who greeted us yesterday, Queen Sophia Atlantia's wife she has different eyes colour green and purple and Princess Destiny who is a spitting image of Atlantia but she has both of her parents qualities.

"So I think we should discuss the matter in hand?" Mei asked drawing everyone's attention.
"Yes! Let's proceed." Atlantia said.
"As you know we have been fighting for centuries to save Yuzu but... We fail everytime. This is the last chance we got. Last chance for her. For me. For us. We want to spend our life like a normal person. We've already watch enough bloodshed. We need your help. We have some questions and we need answers." Everyone was silent. I know it's hard for Mei to watch me die 6 times.

In between all of this, she blamed herself for everything.

"Ahtohallan. The river of memories." Atlantia said.

(A/N: I Love Frozen2)

"That's a dangerous path. Lots of people go to the journey to find that river but none of them ever return." Atlantia said making us shocked.

"We have Maruta and she had the trident. Im sure we will be fine" Luci said.

"But ahtohallan is here before the sea itself." We all looked at the 4 year old princess. Wow that girl is sharp.

"Princess is right!" Atlas said patting princess's head.

"Ahtohallan was formed by the tears of Gaya, the earth itself. Your powers are useless there. Even the trident. And it's doesn't have a permanent location. The river change her place everyday." Atlantia said making us sighed in sadness. I mean how are we gonna find a river who change place everyday.

"How do we find it?" Sara asked.

"Follow the rainbow fish." Sophia said drinking her tea.

"What? But I thought it just a myth?" Harumi asked.

"The rainbow fish was the first sea animal that Gaya created and it placed as guard for the river. The fish is dangerous. It doesn't follow the trident so bother it. And be careful from the shells it burns. And u guys came at the right time, it's the time when ahtohallan can answer your one question or give u guys a hint." Atlantia said making me worried. I mean I know all of them can take care of themselves but me I don't know how to fight. Sure I can heal people but this is gonna be though.

"Can we find the rainbow fish with trident?" Maruta asked. Well this is the first time she speak since we came here.

"It can." Atlantia gave a short answer.

"Alright we will go there tomorrow. As soon as we find that fish, we can get the answers. Now if you will excuse us my  Queens" Mei said and nod at them.

I was observing the Queens it was like they have to say something. More like Atlantia had to say something and her wife was encouraging her.

"C'mon love go and talk to her." Sophia wishper but Atlantia didn't react.

"Wait everyone can I umm you know" Atlantia was cut off by her daughter
"Excuse me?"

We all shift our attention to the princess and encouraging her to talk.

"Mama wants to talk to Aunty Maruta" She said in her cute voice. Aww she's so cute.

"Me?" Maruta asked pointing at herself.

"Yes! Now I have to go but can I get a hug from you?" Maruta was surprised but soon she smiled as her eyes got glossy. She nods her head and little Destiny ran up to her and gave her a tight hug.

I looked at Atlantia to see her had a small smile while Sophia was smiling a proud mom smile.

"Thank you!" Maruta said and pat little girl's head. Destiny kissed Maruta's cheek and dash towards the door with her nanny.

"We will talk later?" Maruta asked Atlantia.

"We will."

∆∆∆∆∆

AUTHOR'S POV

While everyone was packing for their next trip Maruta and Atlantia were at the garden sitting on a bench under the big tree.

"Do u remember this tree?" Atlantia asked while looking at the tree.

"Yeah. We were kids when we planted this tree here. We everyday came to water it and watched it grew into a big tree. This place have so many memories" Maruta said and looked at Atlantia.

"How are u and mitsuko?"

"We are good. Finding the cure to our curse. Tell me how did u got a beautiful wife and a sweet daughter?" Maruta asked with a teasing smile.

"Let's just author will make a book about that."

(A/N: NO PROMISES ATLANTIA)

"C'mon pls tell me!" Maruta said to her friend.

"She was a mermaid living in human world. She didn't knew that she is a mermaid and had destined to be my mate. I was forced to find my mate and I found her on land. The story is pretty complicated." Atlantia gave u guys a summary for another story.

"Did u wanted to kill me when I left?" Maruta once against asked.

"YES!" Atlantia answered without hesitation. Girl got anger issues.

"Did u wanted to strike me with the trident when I forced u to not follow your lover?" This time Atlantia asked.

"YES! I was never that mad and my hand were twitching to just strike u." Maruta answered with honesty and calmness.

"How did u cope up when I left?"

"I almost burned everything that reminds me of u." Atlantia said but Maruta kinda expected it.

"The tree is still here?"

"I wanted to burned it but I couldn't and ended up taking care of it."

"Did u feel guilt when u left?" Atlantia asked.

"Everyday. Everyday reminded me of our memories here. Everything we did. I questioned myself every now and then what had happened if I didn't leave?" Maruta said throwing stones in the pond.

"Did u find your answer?" Atlantia asked facing the sun.

"Yeah. I did what my heart told me to. I hurted myself and other people but at the end of the day it was worth it. Mitsuko was worth it." Maruta said looking at the sky with a smile on her face.

At that moment Atlantia realised that she didn't had any wright to stop Maruta from following her lover. Trident chose her, but it didn't mean that she had to stay and rule. Maruta never wanted to rule Atlantis. Atlantia knew that when Atlantis was in danger Maruta helped Atlantis by sending the angeles. She knew that Maruta was scared and so was she. So she decided to make things right.

"You have to come next year for my daughter's birthday as her godmother." Atlantia said making Maruta shocked. Maruta never expected this. Especially from Atlantia. I have to thanks Sophia Maruta said in her head.

Both friends eyes were glossy as they hug each other and promise to always be there for eachother.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I KNOW U GUYS ARE ANGRY BUT I HAVE BEEN BUSY WITH COLLEGE WORK. SO PLS FORGIVE ME.

AND ALSO COMMENT AND VOTE FOR THE CHAPTER.

WHAT DO U GUYS THINK AWAITS IN AHTOHALLAN FOR THE GANG?

TELL ME IN COMMENTS.

TOODLES♥️