✢ TWENTY FOUR ✢

Lucifer's stress levels were at an all-time high. The overwhelming weight on his chest grew heavier every day. Why? Watching Earth slowly become destroyed all at the hands of his daughter and keeping it hidden from Estrella was difficult. The occupants of the Underworld had heard the news, it dropped from the grapevine and continued to spread out amongst others, but Estrella remained oblivious. Of course Danika had no idea either, Lucifer didn't want her to understand what her abilities were but every day she became weary. Unusual events started to happen all around her; her emotions were stronger and began to affect the Underworld. Whenever she was angry, the air grew hot. Whenever she was sad and cried, snowflakes would fall from the ceiling. Whenever she was excited or really happy, the ground would shake. She began to ask questions that Estrella wouldn't allow Lucifer to answer, they tried to implant it into her mind that this was all normal and apart of growing up.

Lucifer sat on the edge of the bed, his feet touched the rough marble underneath. His hair had grown out again, this time thicker and more wilder. It hung over his shoulders and around his face, as his head was bowed. He had on no clothes, just a blanket wrapped around his waist to keep something hidden.
"You seem so stressed out." Said a soft female voice from behind him.
He exhaled loudly, but never looked at her.
"Because I am."
He felt her fingertips slide down his back, over the new scratch marks that her fingernails had caused.
"What can I do to help you?"
He hesitated in silence for a moment before jumping to his feet immediately to pull on his clothes. The look on her full face was in disbelief, where could he possibly be running off to?
"You already did help me." He responded with an attitude in his voice.
"So, what? You just run to me and fuck me because that girl won't?!"
Lucifer's black eyes locked on her red ones with hatred.
"Don't worry about what she won't do."
She laughed and shook her head.
"I just think it's funny that you keep running to me but won't go to her. Isn't she your soulmate or something?"
Lucifer didn't answer but the heat radiated off his body with anger. He quickly threw on his clothes and made his way to the door, leaving her nude and speechless in her bed. He slammed the door shut behind him, leaving a small crack in the wall from the impact, then he turned to come face to face with a disappointed Abaddon.
"Do not start with me, Abaddon." Lucifer warned and began walking. Abaddon sighed and followed.
"Oh trust me brother, I've come to realize no matter what I say. You will always do the opposite."
"Did you hunt me down or something? Go ahead and say what it is you want from me."
"Where shall I start?" Abaddon snapped with an attitude. "The Underworld has opened, completely. It cannot be shut. Everyone is bouncing back and forth between here and Earth, and every time they return they tell the others what is happening. It won't be long until Estrella overhears what's going on and quite frankly I don't want to be anywhere near you nor her when that fight breaks out."
Lucifer came to a halt in his steps.
"How did the Underworld open like that?"
"Danika got really excited because I may or may not have given her some ice cream."
"I told you to NOT intentionally make her excited, Abaddon! You already knew this!"
"Danika is a child and I couldn't help myself, I know it is my fault but I can't stop being a good uncle."
Lucifer rolled his eyes.
"She has you wrapped around her finger, do you know that?"
"Yeah and she would have you wrapped around hers as well, but you've been too busy avoiding them both and fucking other whores."
Lucifer locked eyes on him and in a split second, he imagined bashing Abaddon's head in against the wall. But he did not move. Why? Perhaps because he knew he had been neglecting his responsibilities as a father. Almost like his father once did.