✢ FOUR ✢

Estrella felt sick. Wanting to haul vomit all over the floor sick. She made fun of herself though, why was she feeling this way? Danika is Lucifer's daughter too but she was always there for Danika, Lucifer wasn't. So she was a little more protective. Was it in Danika's best interest to meet Lucifer? That was a question Estrella kept asking. But was it wrong to keep her away from him, away from all of this mess between Lucifer and God?

Lucifer waited at the house for their arrival since Danika was with the babysitter. Estrella felt like she was driving very slow but not slow enough to prolong their final destination. The weather had worsened but she paid it no attention, the worry of this introduction was entirely more important. From the driveway, you could see that only one light was on in the house, the lamp on the left side table by the couch. She parked, turned off the engine, then turned around to face Danika.

"I want to introduce you to a friend of mine, is that okay?"

Danika nodded and gave a big smile.

"Yes, mommy."

She was everything to Estrella, and if this was a bad idea she didn't know if she could forgive herself.

"Put your hood up so you don't get soaked by the rain, sweetie."

Danika covered her hair with the hood of her pink jacket before running to the porch with Estrella close by. Her heart pounded while unlocking the door and seeing Danika walk in without knowing her father was inside, made the world pause. Danika stopped, staring up at the man in front of her. Her first impression of him was he was very tall and big, like she knew him but she didn't know how.

"Danika, this is Lucifer..."

Slowly, she smiled.

"You have a funny name like me!"

Lucifer lowered to her level and held out his large hand.

"Nice to meet you, darling."

She hesitated but slowly took his hand. Hers were so small and soft, Lucifer was afraid he'd harm her even with a loose grip.

"What is that, mommy?" she asked.

Estrella glanced at Lucifer curiously then at Danika.

"What's what, Danika?"

She pulled her hand away and glared into Lucifer's eyes.

"Was that your home?"

"What did you see?"

"Your friends," she shrugged. "I used to have friends too... your home is messy, mommy wouldn't like it."

Estrella wasn't sure what happened or what was going on but she didn't like the sound of it.

"Come on, sweetie. Its bedtime," Danika looked upwards. "tell Lucifer goodnight."

"Goodnight, Lucifer."

Estrella picked her up, mumbled to Lucifer to wait, then walked down the hallway. Lucifer exhaled and rose to his feet, realizing how apprehensive he had been. Danika had seen the Underworld through their touch but didn't know he was her father. But he had seen she was the reason the gates opened, so wouldn't she know who he was and what she did?

"I don't know what she saw but I don't like the sound of it." Estrella said sternly, wandering into the kitchen with her arms crossed.

"She saw the Underworld but obviously has no idea I'm her father. I saw she was the reason the gates opened, I don't know how she did it and apparently she doesn't either."

"Lucifer, she's seven years old; of course she didn't know how she did it!" she tried very hard to keep her voice low. "she's never understood how she did things and I couldn't explain it either."