✢ SEVEN ✢

"Time to sleep baby," Danika cooed to a baby doll while tucking it into a make-shift crib on the couch. "sweet dreams!"

Estrella smiled to herself, putting away the clean dishes after dinner. Since Lucifer had taken Danika from school she's kept a very close eye on her, not because she no longer trusted him but she had realized how easy it would be if an Archangel have stolen her.

"Mommy?"

Estrella turned to find Danika standing beside her, curiosity glowing in her hazel eyes.

"Yes?"

"Where is Lucifer?"

This was the very first time Danika has ever asked about Lucifer and Estrella didn't know if she should be relieved or concerned.

"He's home, Danika. Probably cleaning or relaxing on the couch."

"Oh," she said. "will he come see me again?"

"Absolutely," Estrella promised. "he'll be back before you know it."

A knock on the front door interrupted them and Danika ran to answer it, in hopes it was Lucifer in his dark clothing. But to her dismay, it wasn't. She peered up at the tall man.

"Who are you?"

Estrella hurried to the door behind Danika to face him with bright blue eyes. Her heart skipped a beat and her instincts told her something wasn't right. She grabbed Danika's hand, pulling her away from the man and behind her protectively.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Danika," his eyes slowly met Estrella's and the fake friendly smile on his round face faded. "my name is Uriel."

Estrella slammed the door shut, locking it immediately then she turned around to face Danika.

"Lock yourself in your closet, Danika."

"Mommy, what's wrong?"

"Go, now!" she ordered and Danika didn't hesitate to run to her room. Estrella ran to the kitchen and grabbed  a butcher knife from the knife holder before Uriel kicked the door in, sending it falling off its hinges to the floor.

"Don't make this harder than it has to be," he said in a sympathetic voice. "I don't want to do this. Just give me the child."

"Are you that dumb enough to ask me to hand over my daughter? You'll have to kill me before you put your hands on her, you son of a bitch." Estrella hissed, holding the butcher knife tightly while standing face to face with him bravely.

"My dear Estrella, a knife won't do anything to me. You're kidding yourself."

"Maybe not but if I can injure you enough, that'll be fine too."

She inhaled deeply before running towards him, slinging the knife down towards his chest. In his entire existence, he's never witnessed a human like this and he never expected her to make the first move. The pointy end slid down his shirt, slashing it open and causing a gash to appear. He grabbed her, throwing her against the wall aggressively.

"I didn't want to have to do this, Estrella!" Uriel roared then marched towards her, lifting her from the carpet. She was still conscious but her head throbbed from the impact. "I didn't want to have to go against my nature but you've given me no choice," he said then jammed his own dagger through her stomach. His heart ached painfully and he lowered her to the floor while she fought for her breath, bleeding to her unfortunate fate. "forgive me, Father."

Uriel left her there then headed down the corridor. He had one job and that was to capture the child to bring to God, and God had told him to do whatever he had to do if someone got in his way. Killing Estrella was not a thought of his, but he had to complete the mission. Uriel opened the door to the little girl's bedroom and he could sense her nearby.

"Danika," he called. "please come out. I won't hurt you." The bedroom was silent so he stepped in, believing she may be hiding underneath the bed like any child would do. He lowered down onto his knees and peaked underneath it to find it empty. "where are you?"

"Right here."

A blade slammed through his abdomen from behind and Uriel felt the burning sensation begin. He glanced down to see the blade glowing orange and red, the color of fire. The sword of Hades. Lucifer twisted the blade before jerking it out and kicking his brother to the floor. Uriel coughed, blood spraying his face.

"You're too late, dark one," he groaned in agony. "she's dead."

Lucifer's blood boiled and his eyes darkened, but all he could think of was Danika. Uriel would die whether Lucifer finished him off or not, the venom of Hades was incurable.

"Danika?" he called aloud and the closet door opened. She stepped out of the dark closet with tears streaming down her face.

"Where's mommy?"

Lucifer was relieved to see his daughter standing there, frightened, but clearly unharmed. But then he had to wonder, Uriel's words were "she's dead" but Danika was clearly alive.

"Stay here, do not move!" he ordered a little too harshly before hurrying out of the bedroom. He caught the scent of blood immediately and glanced down the hallway to see Estrella lying in a spot of blood with no movement. "Estrella!"