✢ THIRTY TWO ✢

"Mommy, mommy!"

Estrella's eyes opened instantly to see Danika lying in front of her face, smiling big.

"Yes baby?" Estrella asked.

"Can we go see Daddy?"

Estrella yawned and then nodded her head.

"Yes, we can go see Daddy. Let's get ready."

"Okay!" Danika exclaimed.

Gosh, how long has she been awake to have so much energy? Estrella wondered while trying to wake herself up.

She helped Danika out of her pajamas and Danika ran to the closet, deciding on a short sleeve puffy baby pink dress. She also chose some pink boots with black laces. Estrella brushed her long hair, then decided to style it by putting it half-up-half-down to keep it out of her face. Then it was Estrella's turn to get ready.

Once they were ready for the day, Estrella opened the bedroom door and Danika happily skipped her way out. She was excited to see Lucifer.

"Is Daddy still hurt?" She asked curiously as they made their way to Lucifer's bedroom.

"No baby, Daddy is getting better."

Estrella followed behind Danika while she skipped down the corridor with so much happiness and energy. But all Estrella felt was nothing, just numb.
They arrived at the destination of Lucifer's bedroom door and Estrella raised her fist to knock, but before she could she heard Lucifer roar from the other side of the door. Instantly; she opened it.

Lucifer was sitting upright in his bed with no shirt on. Abaddon stood beside him, he had been pushing on Lucifer's ribs. Lucifer's eyes darted toward Estrella and Danika, then he forced a smile.

"Well hello, my darlings."

Danika ran toward the mattress and jumped up, crawling to sit beside Lucifer. He wrapped his good arm on his good side around her figure.

"I would say it's going to take longer to heal." Abaddon said.

"It's already been longer," Lucifer snapped. "When am I going to heal?!"

"I can't answer that, you know this. But your temperature is hot, you're sweating and the bruising is slightly darker, you ARE healing. Just slowly."

"I didn't know you could sweat."

Lucifer rolled his eyes but grinned, he gave Estrella the side-eye.

"Well, I haven't done anything lately to sweat." then he winked at her.

"Um," Abaddon cleared his throat. "Gross. Even worse, my niece is in the room!"

"Yeah, I'm in the room!" Danika exclaimed, Abaddon chuckled. She had no idea what her parents meant, but she knew her uncle was correct. She was, in fact, in the room.

Abaddon glanced toward Estrella and right away, he knew. Not once has she laughed, made an expression, or moved. She was numb. He inhaled deeply and looked at Lucifer who was poking Danika's side with his index finger, causing her to quietly giggle. He needed to tell him. Sooner than later.

"Hey, um, Estrella can you take Danika out of the room for a moment?"

"Why?" Lucifer asked.

"I need to check another part of you and I don't think it would be appropriate for your daughter to watch."

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

Abaddon smiled then looked at Estrella.

"Estrella, please?"

"Yes, of course. Come on, sweetie. We can come back in one moment. Abaddon will let us know when."

Her voice was so... cold.

She took Danika's hand and led her out of the bedroom, and she closed the door behind her.

"What the fuck was that about? If you think you're going to look at my dick or some shit, you're wrong."

"I don't want to look at your... penis. I needed to get them to leave so I can talk to you," Abaddon said. "Estrella is having a difficult time handling changing into... well, you know. You need to do something."

"What are you talking about?" Genuinely, he was confused.

"She didn't laugh, smile, frown, or make any type of expression on her face the entire time she was in here. Her voice, when she speaks, is so bland and cold."

Lucifer understood. But what could he do? His right side was still healing, he couldn't move without feeling pain. He clenched his teeth.

"I'm going to have to address that."

"Not in the state you're in."

"Yes, in the state I'm in. I must!" Lucifer looked at him. "Or shall I leave her like that and allow it to worsen?"