✢ TWENTY EIGHT ✢

"I want my mommy!" Danika screamed at the top of her lungs.

She grabbed the coloring pages in front of her, that she had been previously working on, and threw them onto the floor in a fit of rage.

Dina sighed loudly. "You'll see her soon."

Danika opened her mouth and screamed, and kept screaming at Dina. She sat there with her hand buried in her long strawberry-blonde hair, how did she get stuck babysitting the Devil's pet sperm?

Suddenly, the door to the so-called classroom opened and Lucifer appeared. Dina has never been so relieved. Danika's attention from screaming was cut short when she heard the door open.

"Daddy!"

Dina has never been so happy to see someone running away from her. Lucifer scooped Danika up into his arms then shot Dina a disapproving look.

"What's going on in here?" He asked sternly.

"She wants to see her mom."

Lucifer looked at Danika, seeing her pout her bottom lip. She wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face against his neck. He knew she missed her mom, Danika hadn't seen Estrella in weeks.

"I know baby," he mumbled then rubbed her back. "soon. I promise."

"But that's what you said the other day!" She snapped angrily. She sounded just like her mother during these moments.

Lucifer didn't know what to say, Estrella still hadn't woken up from the ritual. He wasn't even sure if she was alive at this point.

"Do you want to go see Gabriel?" He asked, hoping to get her mind off things. She nodded her head.

Lucifer turned on his heels and left the classroom, holding onto his daughter tightly. She adored Gabriel, they spent a lot of time together.

"Daddy?"

"Yes?"

"Can I get a puppy?" She asked, batting her eyelashes at him.

"A puppy?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "Why do you want a puppy?"

"Because at school, I colored a puppy and it was cute and I want one. Please?"

How in the hell does he say no to a puppy? Sure, you can have a puppy. Having a puppy running around the Underworld is a perfect idea, he thought sarcastically.

"Your mom and I will discuss it."

He reached Gabriel's bedroom door and opened it. He didn't need to worry about Gabriel doing something inappropriate. He was still a virgin and was terrified of females. Gabriel was sitting in his bed, reading a book. He looked up and smiled.

"Hello Danika, hello Lucifer!"

"Keep an eye on her for me, yeah?" Lucifer said, placing Danika on the bed with Gabriel.

"Yeah, yeah, sure!"

"I'll be back later to put you to bed, alright?" Lucifer kissed the top of Danika's head and then turned to leave.

He shut the door behind him, sighed loudly then turned around to come face-to-face with Abaddon.

"Son of a bitch!" He shrieked. Abaddon smirked. "How about you fucking say something and not stand behind me like a fucking weirdo, yeah?"

"She's awake."

That was all it took and Lucifer started running. She had been asleep for 10 weeks, not breathing; no movement. Nothing. He was almost certain he killed her. But he wouldn't let the demons toss her body to the pits just yet.