✢ EIGHTEEN ✢

"Who told you that, sweetheart?" Estrella asked.

"The lady."

Abaddon felt like he had to leave the room, this was definitely difficult to deal with but he couldn't get his legs to move. Call it being nosy but he wanted to know what they chose to do.

"I'm a big girl mommy." Danika told her mother.

Estrella smiled and laughed heartedly.

"Yes you are," she knew Danika needed to know. She deserved to hear the truth, yet Estrella was afraid she would hate her for not telling her the truth. She was too young to understand everything. Estrella looked at Lucifer and exhaled heavily, she felt nauseous. "Remember when I told you that your daddy had to leave?"

Lucifer got off the bed suddenly and grasped his hands together. Was he ready for this? Danika liked him as Lucifer, would her feelings change once she knew the truth? Would she hate him now?

"Yes." Danika replied. Her eyes were locked in her mother's.

"When he left he came here, he's been here ever since but he's made sure you were happy. Safe. He's always kept an eye on you, a very very close eye," Estrella paused momentarily. "I should have told you sooner."

"Mommy," Danika giggled and Estrella smiled. "I want to see him!"

A tear fell from Estrella's eye.

"You already have," Danika's eyes widened as if she didn't believe it. Estrella glanced over at Lucifer then back at Danika. "He's right there, Danika."

Immediately Danika looked at Lucifer. She was very silent, everyone held their breath to see what happened next. She pushed the blankets away and stood up on the mattress, carefully she walked towards Lucifer until they were face to face. Lucifer didn't know what to expect, but if she was anything like her mother he expected to be slapped but surely a seven year old wouldn't hit him.

"You're my daddy?"

it was as if she had to decide for herself, hear him say it before she could believe it. Lucifer nodded.

"Yes. As a matter of fact I am, darling."

Suddenly she jumped into his arms and wrapped her little arms around his neck. He was taken off guard and caught her with a tight grip, then looked at Estrella as if to ask what do I do now.

"I knew it!" Danika exclaimed then pulled back to look into his eyes. "You said you were just like me, remember?"

" I do remember and actually I think you're just like me. "

Danika pouted her lips and he watched her expression change from happiness to sadness.

"Why did you go away?"

Estrella wanted to step in, it was hard for her to step back and let Lucifer answer questions on his own but she had to start trusting him again. Not only as a person but as a father.

"I'm sorry. I did what I thought I needed to do but that doesn't mean I don't love you," Lucifer paused. He was surprised with himself. He was changing, he was no longer the heartless monster everyone thought him out to be. Well, maybe to others he was but when he was around Danika he was a father and when he was around Estrella... that was a different story to tackle another time. "But I'm here now and I'm not going to leave you ever again. You have my word, Danika."

She grinned then looked at Abaddon.

"You know?!"

"Uh, yes," Abaddon coughed awkwardly. "I'm sorry my dear girl. I was not meant to be the one to tell you."