❃ Chapter Twenty Nine - Ask

"What did you do to my daughters?"

"Why, we'll just have to see, won't we? Before we get into that, did you like my present?" I smirked, curious to learn his reaction to the seven heads I put in a trash bag, inside the box, and had a taxi driver deliver to him.

And I kinda hoped those guys were his men. It would have been a shame having killed some other guys without knowing who'd sent them.

"I want-"

"It's good to want," I muttered, stepping down the sidewalk, "But trust me, you don't play by my rules now? You'll receive one of their heads next. So humor me, how was my present? I know it's a little messy for Christmas, early too, but hey, I did my best."

The long silence that followed was doubtful, but the strained inhales and exhales coming next assured me I had him wrapped around my little finger.

"Beautiful," he gritted, his voice shaking from the struggle not to growl, "So... beautiful."

I smirked, rolling my shoulder. Previously dislocated from the fight, now I felt only that ache after putting it back in place.

"It better have been. I don't cut heads just for anyone. It's not so easy, y'know? The bone is difficult to handle, that's why I had to turn the body over and do it from the back. Go through the articulations. Everyone thinks it goes like the knife through melted butter," I exhaled my exasperation, "But the experienced know the truth."

"They do."

"Ah, I assume you got my message, didn't you? I'm hoping the guy's saliva didn't ruin the paper." I mused, going for his irritation.

In one of the heads up top I managed to put a handwritten message, left just for Garcia's prying eyes.

"I did," he growled, attempting to hide the betrayal in his tone.

"So I assume you read my conditions for the girls. I have question, tho," I rolled my eyes. "Did you like Elijah? I played the role beautifully so, didn't I? The youngster searching for adrenaline, looking to get into trouble and use his muscles more than his head. You loved him, I betcha. With the soft side that struggled to protect your daughter even from you, and yet very demanding. Your daughter loved him even more. She left herself seduced by him." I groaned, hating the words coming out of my mouth, "I had to admit, her screams are much more entertaining than her moans. You should listen to her beg. If you hadn't already."

"Zoe doesn't beg," he grounded.

I chuckled, "Oh, but she does. For that sister of hers? She's willing to do anything."

"What did you do to them," he pleaded now, leaving the dread speak through the pained moan.

"Not enough," I sighed, "But here's the deal. You've already read my message. You know who I want. If you arrange a meeting with him, I'll give you both of your daughters back. Hell, I'll even make sure their wounds are attended. They'll be in perfect condition."

"How- how can I set a meeting with him when all the meetings we ever had were done by him?!?"

"I don't know how you do it, and frankly I don't care. You have twenty four hours to set up the meeting and it better be this week. I don't have to say more, do I?"

"I'll kill you for this, Black. I swear I will," he seethed, still holding that weakness in his voice. Such a surprise he actually cared about the girls he couldn't wait to get rid of..

"Do you know how many people have said that," I mused, looking down at my watch, "Do you know how many of them I put in the ground and not the other way around?"