❃ Chapter Thirteen - Serrated Whip

┴┈┈┈┈■┈┈┈┈┴
Zoe
┬┈┈┈┈□┈┈┈┈┬

As I stared at the screen in our living room with bugged out eyes, I could not comprehend the words spoken by the reporter…

Having Spanish as first language, I barely managed to comprehend her words! All I could do was stare. Stare at her or at the picture of the so called victim. A picture of his previous appearance… brown eyes, black hair, white at the roots, broad shoulders and wearing a white lab coat on which the tag with his name.

He wore this big, proud smile that matched the one he sported the very first time I actually saw him. It must've been nine, maybe eight years ago when father invited him for dinner. He was a handsome man, but the creepiness he brought along that nice front was the main thing that had my skin crawling.

The next time I met him was after I sneaked out one night. It must've been the fifteenth time I sneaked out to hang out with my friends. But it was the first time I got caught. It was when I got home, in the early hours of the morning, after a whole night of wasting time around the streets of Madrid and having fun with my group of friends.

My father was waiting for me in my room. He was holding his favorite whip, the serrated whip, the one I was mostly greeted with every time I needed to be put back in place.

That night I got the worst beating of my life, and the worst accusation. Father had made me a whore, saying I was going around and fucking every man in sight to stain myself and dishonor the family, just to spite him. Sure, I would have gladly done it just to spite him, but I cared more for myself than that.

In the morning, however, father called the creepy doctor. Later that week, because I was beaten so hard I could barely stand up the first few days, one of father's men took me to the doctor's clinic. And… that was when I was introduced properly to his creepiness, unlike the first times when I only caught him staring at me.

At how wrong I felt that very day, the man that brought me almost had to carry me out of that room. The disapproval he had showed had me just feeling more ashamed of myself, as if the people educating me that I was imperfect and I had to reach perfection weren't enough.

For some reason I never saw that man again, tho he was one of the guards whom I had seen most often. It wasn't on my mind either, because that night I discovered father had fired all the maids that helped me sneak out, finding out some other way, cause I didn't spill one name, no matter how cruel he was.

I still managed to sneak out, but it was harder cause I had to do it out the balcony and I had to be careful on my own. That wasn't the only time I got caught sneaking out. I got caught many other times and… many other times I got treated the same way.

Beating, more security… two fingers test done by the creepy doctor.

And now, I could not believe the creepy doctor, Doctor Rodrigo Moreno… was actually dead! As the shock finally settled, joy bloomed in my chest with what must've been terrible news. I mean… c'mon, a man died!

But… a creep that violated his own patients. So he kinda earned it!

A harsh laugh burst through my lips, making me instantly clasp a hand over my mouth. My father on the chair besides the couch was white as snow as he stared at the screen. My sister was frowning , probably recognizing the man and my mother? She… looked terrified, unlike my father who seemed sick.

He was murdered in his own penthouse. According to the reporter, he was beaten to the point his face was distorted which made him hard to identify to the police. His whole body was a mess. Face messed up from a good beating, body scarred and whipped, wrists and ankles bruised as if he were bound, and as the lady stated, his genitals were… cut apart. They even revealed a photo, but it was blurred because the public could be under eighteen. However, they revealed a B letter engraved in his chest by a knife after the death, said the woman, some kind of signature, named by the police.