❃ Chapter Six - Offer

┴┈┈┈┈■┈┈┈┈┴
Zoe
┬┈┈┈┈□┈┈┈┈┬

The first sign that suggested I wasn't in my apartment was the smell in the room. Knowing the tangy, warm smell left from countless meals cooked in my apartment, I could swear on all I had, this wasn't it. The scent in the air was of fresh daisies, more of a room deodorant.

The second sign that I wasn't in my apartment? The feel of the mattress. My bed was stiff, hard, a board with sheets on which I managed through some miracle to fall asleep. This bed was soft, puffy, the type I would sink into, just like the pillow under my head.

Cracking one lid open, I looked around the lit up room, I surveyed my surroundings from the side. The light that covered the wall I was facing, with such force brought to surface a mind-blowing headache which was self-explanatory. I had gotten drunk last night. Way too drunk.

"Crap," I mumbled, raising my hand to rub the temple. A bare contact with my temple and I jerked my hand away from the pain that spiked in the area.

Frowning hard, I blinked several times, wondering why the hell was my temple hurting so bad. As I tried to touch it again, I flinched, deciding to leave it alone. The pounding in my brain only got harder as I shoved the sheets off my body.

Yawning, gulping the alcohol taste still left in my mouth, brushing my hand through my hair, I eventually opened my eyes properly to look around. The room was simple, partially empty but with a modern air. White walls, a black bureau with glass cabinet openers, a nightstand in the same design, a few shelves with a few books but a lot more else to fill, a glass wall that revealed the city. Huh… beautiful…

Moaning deep in my throat, I urged my muscles to work a little as I sat up and looked around some more. I dimly noticed the flooring was just as white as the walls, a wood with certain patterns, but right under the bed was this big, fluffy rug. My heels were right at the foot of the bed, an insult to that pure white color.

Once I was finished with looking around, I ended up staring at an Aid kit on the nightstand. Warning bells rang as I instinctively pressed my fingertip on the achy temple. Was I hurt last night? Was I… oh, God, please tell me I wasn't-

Swinging my eyes to my body, I stared down at the leathers I recognized so well and the huge, black long sleeved shirt I had no recollection of putting on. At least I didn't have sex. Thank God for that!

With heavy deep breaths, I looked down at myself some more, when it dawned on me. Pulling the collar of the shirt, I found that my top was gone. I hadn't worn a bra at the club, only that thin top and the leather jacket. And now I had… only this shirt, no top and… looking more around, I searched for my jacket.

It was nowhere to be seen, probably not even here. Maybe I forgot it at the club. Oh, please, let that not be the case!

Rubbing my face, avoiding the sensitive temple, I sighed and began getting out of bed. As I tried to stand up, I lost balance immediately. Everything became a carousel for a moment there, the dizziness working with the gravity and pulling me to the ground. I caught myself off the bed and sat down for a few moments, drawing in more air.

Trying to touch the back of my head and brush more my hair, I found another sensitive spot, one required not to touch either.

How in the hell did I manage to hurt my temple and the back of my head? How drunk was I that I didn't get to remember last night? All I could remember was the Sherry I had after Luisa left. The rest was all a blur. A very darkened blur.