❃ Chapter Nine - Business

┴┈┈┈┈■┈┈┈┈┴
Jerome
┬┈┈┈┈□┈┈┈┈┬

In the beginning, I had no idea she was Garcia's daughter. I didn't even know Garcia had daughters instead of sons.

But after doing my research and trying to find other allies Acosta would have or already had, I kinda connected the dots and reached the conclusion that this was my only option. That and I kinda wanted it to be my only option, which was stupid.

I was being stupid and sloppy now. But I was also lucky. The fact that she didn't know my real name or identity was a big bonus on my side. I wasn't really sure I could trust her. In fact, I doubted I could trust anything she told me, seeing who her father was.

Arturo Garcia, famous drug lord, blah, blah, blah… was a pathological liar. A bastard who had such an amazing ability at lying, that he seemed to even believe his own words. But me, having my own bullshit-meter, I could smell him from a mile.

He hid every single illegal activity he was tied to, and I was sure that until I earned his trust, I wasn't getting close to Acosta. But even that was going to take some time.

When we first discussed, I gave him the fake information that I had added into the state's data base, including myself into the category of guys he wanted for the job. According to the file, I wasn't fully on the illegal side, but I wasn't a murderer either. I gave some bullshit that I was trained in the army and then came to Spain to get involved in illegal acts. As if I couldn't do that well enough in the States.

I knew he had me searched when I received a notification that the fake files were being accessed by anonymous. I was confident they wouldn't figure out it was fake, because it was the closest to legit you could find in the whole world as a wanted criminal. And sure thing, the following day I was invited to have a discussion about my training.

Although, that was the very easy part of the job. The rest was to play the role of an American citizen who could protect his daughter and earn his damned trust.

The man had no clue, whatsoever, that I could slit his throat in the blink of an eye and leave the place without drawing attention.

Now, I knew as a hitman I posed through the incredibly recognizable criminals in the world, but Logan made sure that my photo and identity was kept out of everything, his tech people really doing a good job.

After my name, the guy couldn't possibly not know me. After the face? Nope! So practically, I knew all I needed and wanted to know about this fucker, he didn't know shit about me.

Which made me love this even more in some twisted way. The lies were exciting. Well… except for the part where I had to lie to beautiful Narah… but it was the painful reality because I didn't know her at all. I knew the details about her. Education, friends, family, the clean record, the healthy medical files, but nothing on her personality. Nothing on her likings, other than the fact that she studied literature for four years. I could only guess she liked books, but that was kind of it.

Seeing I was about to spend a lot of time with her, I'd eventually find out her likes and dislikes, wouldn't I?

Another detail I happened to be aware of… today was her birthday.

"Would you like to sit down?" Arturo asked as he pointed at one of the chairs.

I nodded, noticing all three women from the table were standing up. I frowned as all three of their gazes followed us emerge around the table and eventually sit down. As soon as we were settled, they sat down as well. My brows almost twitched at the weird order, but I kept the blank expression on.