❃ Chapter Ten - Doctor's Appointment

┴┈┈┈┈■┈┈┈┈┴
Zoe
┬┈┈┈┈□┈┈┈┈┬

I couldn't sleep all night. After Elijah returned into my room and removed the rest of the cameras with one of father's men, they left them to a butler who worriedly followed through with the sudden organization.

And then, after the butler and the other man left and the deed was done, the bodyguard carefully looked around the bedrooms all over again, as if doubtful he was thoroughly done. Seated in my bed, watching him move around, I found myself checking him out the more he moved.

All the questions I had meant to ask him just drained out of my mind, leaving me completely admiring the raw power he carried as he moved every muscle with the effort made. He moved like a predator as he searched, surveyed, located and removed. And he looked even more powerful as he assured himself the room was clean.

In the end, I found no courage in asking why he was here. All that because of the tired look he had in his eyes. At the first sight, he was surely intimidating with his size, even a little frightening. The ripped muscles, the height, the black outfit, the goatee, his whole appearance. But if you pushed all that away, you could see in those green orbs, how tired he actually was. Of what, I wasn't sure, but it was clear he was tired. And underneath all that, it seemed to be a good guy.

Sure, I didn't know him for that long, but there was just something that made me… not hate him. Even if an ounce of dread was still there, I didn't dislike him. He carried an easygoing air around him, one that made me feel slightly more comfortable than this whole house could in a million years.

He also wished me a happy birthday yesterday, which was really sweet of him.

And all that had me pulling my reigns on asking why he accepted to guard me, but would not train me. I could wait to ask him that question.

Tho, I had no clue what his intentions truly were with me or my father, I found myself in good hands in his care. I was just afraid how much he could care for me.

With that lump in my stomach I turned and tossed all night, having only the stranger in the room across from mine on my mind. After finishing part of his job he went to his room and told me he'd get some rest before closing the door.

Grateful for the privacy, I got changed in one silk gown I wanted to burn, and slid into the covers. Tears had threatened to fall as I took in the hell I was in, but then I found myself a distraction. The stranger managed to keep me at bay from drowning in my reality, even if it wasn't through any contact.

As soon as the sunlight burst into my room, in the morning, I got out of bed, took a long shower and got dressed into a pink dress.

This one I wanted to soak in bleach, then rip to shreds.

A knock came from the door of his bedroom, a little request that swarmed my heart, just like when he ripped the cameras and the wires out of the wall or wished me a happy birthday. My voice shook as I allowed him to enter.

"Come in!"

And he did. His hair was drenched from what must've been a shower, but his body was covered in the same black clothes he always seemed to wear. Turtleneck, leathers, military boots. He raised a thick, veiny hand to rub his goatee, which seemed darker than last night. Admiring his face, I wondered if he shaved around his goatee after he showered.