Chapter 9 - The Walkman

Happy V Day! The LOML! The Burj Khalifa ad made me ugly sob, that and the projects. I hope he knows how loved he is.

So sorry for the late update, I was ✨ plotting✨ and dying at the same time.

Anyway, since I promised tea... enjoy!

Love,

MsNoShelfControl.

"Leaving before dinner again? Sweetie, is there something going on?" Hoseok paused in the middle of grabbing his coat and keys at his mother's concerned, and slightly irritated tone.

"Namjoon is feeling a bit under the weather, so Jin-hyung and I just want to make sure he's okay." Technically it wasn't a lie, even if he omitted a few details.

He watched as the woman's mouth rounded into an O as a different kind of concern painted her sharp features, "Honey, you should have told me before. I'd have made him some food. Lord knows that boy neglects himself enough as it is."

"Mom, it's okay. Jin-hyung-"

"Oh hush now! He may have his own restaurant but nothing beats a mother's food when you're sick. Thank god your father's a pig that makes me cook excess dinner every time," She bustled around the kitchen on her short legs, "He will just have to eat rationed food tonight, Joonie needs this more. Here, take it to him and ask him what he wants for lunch tomorrow."

Hoseok couldn't help but grin as he took the bento bag from her, but it soon pulled into a frown of confusion as his mother eyed him suspiciously. "What?" He asked.

She flipped her short, dark hair over her shoulder as she made her way back into the living room where his father sat watching TV, "Nothing, I just thought you might have been giving excuses to sneak out to meet a girl or something, but I see you're serious."

He couldn't believe his ears, his face burning in embarrassment, "Mom!"

Turning around indignantly, he proceeds with putting on his coat, desperate to leave the site of humiliation.

"Did I hear someone say rationed food?" He heard his father's cheerful voice ask, a hint of worry laced in his words.

"Yes, for you, jagi."

"Me? But-" A smack was heard, cutting him off, "Think of it as the start of your diet."

"I don't need a diet!"

"Your potbelly says otherwise."

"Seok-ah, your father is receiving domestic abuse! Report this woman!" Ignoring the decades old banter, Hoseok made his way outside, closing the door behind him and taking in the weather.

An overwhelming wave of déjà vu hit him as he stood there, recalling the previous night when he set out looking for his friend. Much had happened since then and he still didn't know how to feel about a lot of it. He was still just as worried and concerned.

At least the storm doesn't look like it's on a war path anymore.

It was still pouring, but not as heavy and vengeful as the torrent from the day before.

The storm had lightened but the weight of the thoughts on his mind only grew heavier as he drove through the near-flooded streets.

On the one hand, there was Namjoon and this mysterious stranger he picked up on a cliff. On the other hand, there was Jin-hyung and the woman. He felt utterly helpless with both. And it was gradually getting under his nerves like a slow poison.