❁ 6 ❁

Where is everybody? I looked to the left and right of the hall and found no soul in sight.

"Angel, Angel," I continued to whisper. Realizing that he more than likely wasn't in the building anymore, I left. I placed the files inside my shirt to make sure I wouldn't lose them. What would I do if I didn't find him? Angel would probably want me to go back to school, but there's no way I can sneak back in on my own!

I kept whispering his name, hoping he would be somewhere outside.

"Hey!"

The holy spirit nearly jumped out of my body when I heard the voice of a man behind me. I slowly turned around to find a boy a few inches taller than me. What in the world was he doing out here?!

"What do you think you're doing?" He inquired. I had to come up with an excuse, and fast.

"I-I was uh, taking a m-midnight stroll," I said in a low gruff voice and nervously smiled. He was lanky and had some stubble growing on the bottom of his chin. I couldn't help but compare him to Angel. This boy was nothing compared to him and I hated having to admit that.

His eyes narrowed to focus on me. "I've never seen you around here. Are you new?"

"Um, yeah..." My voice trailed off and I glanced to the side. Angel, where are you?!

"Are you sure you weren't out here for something else?"

My eyes fell back onto him. He had seemed to have inched a bit forward. I took a step back and robotically chuckled. "Haha, what do you mean?"

I was such a terrible liar! I didn't know what to do. If I was caught now, I'd be thrown out of Lunacrest.

"The Dead Poets Society," he answered.

My eyes flickered. I cupped my hands together and cheered, "Y-You mean like you guys read poems?!"

"Poems?" He scoffed. "Nah, we chose that name cause it sounded cool."

My smile faded. What a bunch of dimwits. He took hold of my arm and pulled me along with him. "C'mon, they're waiting for us. My name's Pablo by the way."

I reluctantly went along with this stranger without saying a word. What else was I supposed to do? I mean, I should have ran. He led me to an abandoned shed. I stood there speechless. Did he know I was a girl and was planning to harm me?! I slowly turned to face him.

"Are you gonna go in or what?" He shrugged.

I didn't know what to do. I reached for the janky looking door handle and pushed it open. There was a faint yellow light that came from up above. Two boys sat in a circle surrounding a bucket. They immediately turned to look at me. I sheepishly smiled. Pablo pushed me in and announced, "Hey, I found this guy wandering alone. I thought it would be a good idea to bring him."

"What if he's a snitch?" The boy on the left snapped. The two of them eyed me.

"Nah, he likes poems and shit. I doubt he'll say anything."

How in the world did poems and snitching correspond to one another? I was clearly in a bad situation. I needed to find Angel and get out of here as soon as possible.

"Cool." One of them nodded in approval. "My name's Kyle. He's Tad. It's like Chad, but not."

These guys were complete idiots.

"Yeah, what's yours?" Tad asked as he pulled something out of his pocket.

"It's uh- Cam. My name is Cam." I awkwardly stood in the corner while Pablo sat down with the others.