Chapter 2

Dakota's POV
"Well...well...well what do we have here" she said
Oh god what should I do? Do I keep walking and pretend that I didn't hear her?. No I can't. She already caught my attention. I can't pretend I didn't hear her. I think it's time To confront her.
"What do you want?" I said
I can tell that I confused her because she gave me "that look"
"What's wrong with u?" She said
"Nothing." I said
"Well why haven't u been coming to lunch lately?" She said
"BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T LIKE YOU!!!" Ruby shouted
"What?" Vanessa said
"Listen the truth is that I-"
"ALRIGHT EVERYBODY, GET TO CLASS!!!" Said the security guard
"We gotta go..." I said
As my group and I walked to our classes I felt kind of disappointed that I didn't get to confront Vanessa. Oh well. It will just have to wait.
As I was thinking about how I would tell Vanessa why I am avoiding her I drifted to the right side of the hall and bumped into "him"
He was one of the cutest boys in the 8th grade. His name is Dylan.
He is a little taller than me and has medium sized dark brown eyes.
"Sorry" we said at the same time.
I smiled as he was helped me pick up my stuff. I looked up and saw him smiling too... Man, did he have a great smile
"Thank you" I said as he handed my books to me
"No problem" he said
Next thing I knew we were staring at each other, not saying a single word. That's awkward.
Then, he broke the silence by saying
"What's your name?"
"Uh it's...umm..." Why aren't any words coming out of my mouth?! I know my name but I can't get the word out of my mouth.
" Is that a hard question?" He said while smiling at me
"Umm no...sorry it's Da-"
*ring ring ring
"Oh no! We're late for class!" I said.
"I am SOO sorry Dylan"
"Listen, you should go. Maybe our teachers won't mark us late. Bye." He said.
Ugh I feel terrible! now I will never get to talk to him again. He is gonna remember me as the girl who can't remember her name and the girl who made him late for class. Ugh I need to get out of here.
As I started to head to my class I herd Dylan's voice
"Hey!" He said
I knew he was talking to me because we were the only ones in the halls. So I turned around and gave him my attention.
"Yeah?" I answered
"Maybe we could meet up after school! How about in front of the entrance after school?" He said
"I'd like that." I said
After that I ran to my class with a big smile on my face. YASS!!! Finally!!! I can't believe we actually talked!!! I am SOO happy!!!! Nothing can destroy my mood!!!

Well all of that changed as I came face to face with my teacher. Ew.

*again Thx for reading the first few chapters of my book! Please comment and let me know what you think!*