Chapter 10

Dakota's POV
The next day...
This is my last day of school before spring break and it's going pretty quick. I had two tests today which I think I did very well on and I just can't wait until I hear the last bell of the day.
I really wish Dylan and I were talking.
I think he hates me. I want to tell him what really happened ,but he is always surrounded by his friends and I can't talk to him when his friends are around.
Since this is the last day of school before spring break, I will talk to him today so when the break is over, we can start fresh.
***
It's finally 8th period and I am sitting with Amber.
"Have you spoken to him yet?" She said
"Nope. I am going to tell him what really happened after school."
"Ok. We'll I'm sure that he will believe you!"
"I hope so..."
As I went to sharpen my pencil, I saw Whitney in the hallway. She was trying to whisper something to me. I couldn't figure out what she was saying until she gestured me to come out of the classroom.
"I will be right back Amber."
"Ok!"
"Mrs. Flake? May I go to the restroom?"
"Sure Dakota!"
I met up with Whitney in the hallway and she said that it would be better to talk in the bathroom.
"So did you hear about what is going on with Tiffany and Dylan?!" She asked
"No...what is going on?!?"
"Well, word on the street is that Dylan and Vanessa are getting pretty close. She is telling everyone that if all goes well, they might go to the 8th grade dance together."
"WHAT!?!? THAT CANT BE TRUE!!!! WHY WOULD HE BE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH AND AIRHEAD LIKE HERSELF!?!?"
"I don't know...but things might be getting serious."
"Ugh this can't be happening!!!"
*ring!!!! ring!!!
"That's the last bell of the day. Time to go home. Are you going to be ok? She asked
"Yeah. I am just wondering what would've happened if I DIDN'T get detention and didn't "ditch" him (which I didn't mean to do). I would've been the one who was "getting serious" with him and the one who possibly would be his date to the 8th grade dance."
All of this happened TOO quickly. I wish I could restart that day.
I needed to get out of this school. I quickly gathered my things at my locker and raced out of the building without looking back.
A single tear fell down my face as I witnessed Dylan and Vanessa holding hands outside.
I glared at Vanessa and she answered back with a "wink"