CHAPTER 16

“You are still beautiful as ever Thompson.” Nowalk says. He is also part of the familia. He runs the gun smuggling part of the mafia.

“And you are still as crunchy as ever Nowalk.” I say and they all laugh. The Capo just chuckles because he hardly laughs. He is Dilara Lanclos. He is 50 years old. He is married and has 3 kids. The way he is so tough, I sometimes wish to see how he is with his family because the man hardly laughs.

“Now what’s up?” the Consigliere says and Salizwa chuckles.

“Since we are under this familia, we opted to hand out the Mozambican territory to you, the one that Bo owned. We have no intentions of benefiting from it unless you think we should.” Salizwa says and she is not wrong. I really have no interest in benefitting from a territory of a man who was responsible for the death of my pa.

“Is that true Thompson? You really don’t want anything to do with it?” Dunnam asks looking at me.

“Yes you can do whatever you want with it. Just so you know, the Germans want this territory. Murray and Perrette even paid me a visit few days ago.” The Capo chuckles.

“I will make it known to the whole underworld that I now control this territory so that they can back off from you.” Dilara says.  I nod.

“We have a heist on Friday. You can come if you want.” Kendal says with a smug on her face while looking at me. She is a psychopath and a womanizer, yeah she is a lesbian and has a thing for me.

“I am not here for work but you can take Salizwa with you. It’s been a long time since she has had some action.” I reply.

“South Africa that boring?” Kendal asks and I just shrug.

“Not really boring but when you are the queen and ruler, very few people dare you and even attempt to cross you.” Salizwa says.
--

Tyrone really looks like pa, I know for sure if he were to go to South Africa, many people will mistake him for Ty. He even looks after his body. The slight difference is the scar that he has on his cheek. Pa didn’t have it. I am sitting at the patio after having breakfast. It’s my third day here in Italy. I am just thinking about a lot of things that have been happening in my life.

I am secretly analyzing my new family members. Anastasia is an Italian version of mother. They have so much in common. They are even bonding. Today they are planning on going shopping together. I can tell you that mother is going to ask Ana to move to South Africa so that their bond doesn’t break. Liam is more like Cole. I am suspecting that he is cheating on his wife. It doesn’t take a year to spot a man with a wondering eye.

Clara is a legal version of me. She is 22 years old. She hardly talks but we have a bond. She even said we are going shopping today for a dress that I am going to wear at my engagement party. She is also buying her outfit today. She said tonight we are going clubbing. We have a very unique relationship that some don’t understand but Tyrone said it doesn’t shock him that we get along. We also have same features that tells you that we are probably related. 

I call Sange and she tells me that the colours that will be used for décor in my party are Navy blue and silver grey, so when looking for a dress, I must find one that is either navy with silver heels or silver dress with navy heels. I am thinking of dying my hair, I am tired of my natural brown hair. Clara comes where I am seated, she is doing her Naomi Campbell walk. It’s like there are hundreds of people watching her. I guess she is used to the runway walk.

“Big sister get up. We are going to the farm.” I look at her with a frown.
“You have a farm?”
“No silly. Grandpa owns it. He has horses, donkeys, and a place where he plants fruits, vegetables and flowers. We are going horse riding for now, and then we are going shopping.”

“I have never rode a horse before. I don’t have time for recreational activities like that, well except for drinking. But I haven’t been drinking for a while now. Pa’s death hit me hard. I went hard on the bottle to such an extent that I had alcohol poisoning.”
“How was he?” she asks sitting down.

“A great man. He taught me so many things and I also taught him a few things. He was a villain to most but to me, he was my knight in shining armor. We were so close to such an extent that gran became jealous.” She chuckles. “He was so strict to my siblings and to mother. He didn’t approve of my dad. He said to mother, and I quote ‘He is too soft for you. You deserve a man who will protect you even when he is not there. Whose reputation and name will protect you. You can see that this one doesn’t even know how to carry a gun’.” Clara laughs out loud and I also laugh. Pa was one unique character.

“Can we go now?” she asks while standing up. I smile and stand up. “You are going with your dog?” she says pointing at Beast with her eyes who is standing a few meters away from us. I chuckle.
“Learn to not mind his presence. He can easily blend with the surroundings. Like you won’t even know that he is there.”

“But a street pole which is buffy is too hard not to notice.” I burst out laughing. I signal Beast to follow us since we are leaving and then we head to the driveway, where Clara’s driver is already waiting for us. Beast opens the doors for us, we climb inside and then he gets in the front seat.
--
We get to the farm and head to the stables. There are so many horses here. We are shown the horses we will be riding and they prepare them for us. We climb on top of them and they start moving slowly. This is actually fun, considering I haven’t done something like this in a while. When we are done, we leave the farm and head to the shopping mall. We get to a boutique and we are led to a lounge.

“Can you please bring all your navy blue mermaid evening gowns which are size forty? And also silver heels which are size thirty eight?” Clara says to the shop assistant who looks nervous.
“As you wish ma’am.” She rushes away.
“Did you have to scare the poor woman?” I ask with an amused face. She just laughs.

“She is the one who chose to be intimidated. That ain’t my fault sister.” she answers with a smug on her face.
“I am sure it’s not every day a model comes here and demands dresses and heels just like you did.” she rolls her eyes.

The shop assistants come back with about 5 dresses and four heels. They wheel them to where we are seated. I stand up and take the first dress with a pair of heels and go to the fitting room with it. It’s a navy blue cross bright wire backless bodycon mermaid long-sleeved dress. The heels are a peep-toe platform heels. I try these two on and I look gorgeous but I am not feeling the dress. I go back to the lounge. Clara stands up when she sees me. She studies my facial expression and she smiles.

“You are looking gorgeous and all but I can see that you are not feeling this dress.” I chuckle.
“Is it that obvious?” she shakes her head.
“But you are like my twin, so I can read you. How about you try this one on?”

She hands me a strapless bodice corset long satin leg split evening dress. I take it and head back to the fitting room. I take off the one I was wearing and try on the second dress. Now I feel like myself. I actually feel like Ty’s princess. I head back to the lounge and Clara claps when she sees me.

“Now that’s what I am talking about. How about you pair them with these?” she hands me an Allover glitter décor chunky heeled sandals. The shop assistant helps me put them on. Clara screams when she sees the end result. “You look perfect.” I go to the long mirror which is situated here in the lounge and look at my reflection.
“We are talking this.” I say looking at the shop assistant. I go to change back to my clothes and they pack the items we chose.

“I am taking the first dress. We are the same size so there is no need for me to fit it.” Clara says and I just laugh. She pays for the dresses and heels and one of the guards take them to the car.

We continue shopping and I am actually having fun because I hardly go shopping. I also buy clothes and gifts for everyone back home. Like Sange and Seipati, and my other family members and my in-laws. When we are done, we go eat at La Buchetta Food & Wine Restaurant because shopping can make you hungry. We order our food and I order juice while Clara orders wine.

“You not a fan of alcohol?” she asks.
“Not really. I am just taking this huge break from it.” She nods.
When we are done eating, we head back home and I hand gran and mother what I bought for them. I also tell Sange that I already have the dress and shoes for the party. She is ecstatic about this because she knows I am not a fan of shopping.
.
.
.
#TheEmpress