CHAPTER 29

It has been a few days since I have learned about the fact that the mafia chair is mine. In the other clips, Ty told me that I should call a meeting with all those who are under the mafia so that they know about the new change in leadership. He said not everyone will be happy about me taking over, so I should prepare renewal contracts.

The meeting is tonight and it is going to be held at an underground club which I didn’t know of until recently. Ty said that’s where all mafia meetings are held. It is situated at Kuruman. This mafia thing is a big deal for me. I have hardly slept these past few days preparing myself for this meeting. I am sure one of the men is going to do something to dare me so I must show them the real empress.

Silu has been contacting me but I haven’t answered his calls replied to his texts. He must know not to mess with me and my feelings. Tyrone called me and we discussed the Silu issue. I laughed so hard when he told me that should I get back with Silu, he must pay the bride price for the second time because he wasted the Thompson time and Thompson time is very precious. I love the relationship I have with Rone. We don’t talk everyday but I know he has good advises and he is very wise.

I put on my bulletproofed bodysuit. You can never be too sure with these people. Someone might take a chance, so I should be prepared. I get dressed in black military straight fit cargo pants, print oversized tee and button front drop shoulder leather coat. I finish my look with black Nike air sneakers. I strap in my guns and then head downstairs.

“Be safe nana.” Gran says and hugs me.
“I am the empress gran. I am undefeatable and unkillable.”
“Keep telling yourself that and you might actually believe it.” Clara says and I hug her.

“I will be back before you know it.” I head to the front and when I open it I find Silu standing on the other side. “Talk about bad timing.” I say eyeing him.
“Are you going somewhere?” he asks.
“Yes.”

“Boss we need to move.” Beast says opening the car door for me.
“When I am free, I will come to you.” I say to Silu and then head to the car. I climb inside and then we drive off.
--
*SILUNGILE*

I messed up and I regret my reaction when Adriane official told me about her alter ego and other life. I know I was entitled to that reaction but I took it too far. I knew that there was a tracker in my body, so I went to my brother and asked him to disable it. After that I went to an island. I met a therapist there who opened my eyes to my current situation.

When I came back, I saw the headlines of the people who have been dying. Somehow I knew it was Adriane. She is like that. Even when we were still together, when we fought, she wouldn’t throw tantrums or something, she would just do something drastic that shows how angry she is. I guess the killing was her way of therapy.

Adriane is never going to leave this life she is living because that’s who she is and asking her to quit it would be very selfish of me. When I came back and saw her at home, I was glued to the floor and my vocab was empty. Firstly is because she was so beautiful and secondly is because I wasn’t expecting to see her so soon.

I have been contacting her but she has been ignoring me. She has every right to react this way. When I drove to her house, I thought I would catch her off guard but seems like she was really busy and seems like she was going to war. She didn’t flinch when she saw me. She is really a female alpha. I just hope next time she will hear me out. I really love her and she is my forever.
--
We get to the club and find everyone seated around a huge long table. Even Q is here. I take a seat on a vacant chair and place my phone on the table. I understand phones are not allowed inside here but I am the boss, so they have to deal with. Q stands up.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we are here together to celebrate and honor our new leader. She is very familiar with the way we do things. Many of you know her as The Empress who has single handily gone on a killing spree recently and eliminated some of our enemies. She is not a kid so we are to treat her with respect. Everyone, your new leader, Adriane Thompson.” They all stand up and clap their hands, some whistle. I go where Q is standing. He shakes my hand and then goes back to his seat. Everyone else settles down.

“The name is Empress. Your new queen and leader. I am not a kid so don’t treat me like one. I am a born leader so I won’t prove myself to anyone as to why you should all bow down to me. I need you and you need me. We are a family in this cartel. If there is anyone who feels like they won’t be comfortable with me leading them, stand up and leave now because if you stay and later on show your concerns or rebel, we will have a serious problem.” No one moves. I chuckle and extend my hand. Beast hands me a big file.

“This here contains your contracts. We are going to continue with the way you were doing before. I am not going to threaten anyone. What I will say is that if you don’t know about me, go to the streets and international cartels and ask who the empress is. Guys distribute the contracts.” I hand them back to Beast and he distributes them with the help of my other guards.

“These are five year contracts which are renewable. Signing it means that you agree to have me as your leader. If you don’t, you are free to walk out the door but just know that life is going to be very hard for you the minute you walk out the door. You will be considered an enemy of this cartel and whenever I wake up on the wrong side of the bed and decide to eliminate enemies of the cartel, you will be one of the first.”

“How old are you again?” a lady who goes by the name of Dark Princess asks. She specializes in getting the mafia oil. She scouts mines and then buy them at a lower price from their rightful owners. If you are not willing, then she kills you. Her question gets a few chuckles and laughter. I remove my gun from my waist and shot her in the shoulder in a quick move. She screams and many gasp.

“Anyone who has a stupid question like hers?” silence. “Great then. Sign those contracts and return them this instant.” They all sign and Beast collects them. “Now let’s all move to the bar and get drinks.” I head to the part of the club that has alcohol and my crew follows me. We get a corner table and then settle there. Other cartel members make their way in and sit on other tables.

“What should I get for us boss?” Beast asks.
“Get a Krug Grande Cuvee Brut, we are celebrating. Also have it delivered in every table. Then get us a bottle of Balvenie Speyside single-malt whisky.”

“That’s what I am talking about.” Sange says and they laugh while I chuckle shaking my head. Beast goes to the bar. A few moments later, the Krug is delivered to ever table. They pour it to their wine glasses. I stand up and raise my glass to the air. They all stand up.

“To the new era.”
“TO THE NEW ERA!” They all chant after me. To the new era indeed. Let’s see what it has in store for me.
.
.
.
#TheEmpress