Chapter 1: What Is Air

" I. Can. Do. This. I. Can. Do. This." I told myself as I waited for my name to be called.

I was scared shitless (Pardon my French) Because I was just about to go into the audition room and sing. What's the problem, you might asked. Well, young Jedi, the problem is that I was not only singing, I was singing in front of One Direction. Preferably Liam Payne.

"Anebelle James!" the name guys called.

I rose slowly, and walked towards the door that led to the room within I will sing, and hopefully go to the next level on the X-Factor. I was beyond nervous, believe me. I took a deep breathe, and planted a fake smile. I tried not to look nervous, and look more professional. I opened the door and walked to the small x on the floor.

I looked up, and seen then sitting there, looking tired, and annoyed. I was the last one, so hopefully they'll remember me.

"Name?" said Zayn. Oh god, here we go!

"Anabelle James." I said, much more confident than I really was. Breathe, Anabelle, Breathe.

"What will you be singing, Love?" Harry asked.

"Better Than Revenge by Taylor Swift." I said simple, shocking them all.

"Well, I have two things to say, darling. That's a bit feisty, I like it. And you don't look like you could get revenge." Louis said, as he nibbled on his carrot stick.

"You'd be surprised. Believe me." I said, with a cheeky grin.

"Please begin." Liam said. Oh. My. God. Liam. Payne. Just. Spoke. To. Me. What. Is. Air!

I nodded and began. Singing the first verse was simple. I knew this song like that back of my hand.

The story starts when it was hot and it was summer and...

I had it all, I had him right there where I wanted him

She came along, got him alone and let's hear the applause

She took him faster than you could say "sabotage"

I never saw it coming, wouldn't have suspected it

I underestimated just who I was dealing with

She had to know the pain was beating on me like a drum

She underestimated just who she was stealing from

I paused momentarily, seeing there faces looking please. I smiled, and began again.i was a huge T-Swizle fan.

S he's not a saint

And she's not what you think

She's an actress, whoa

She's better known

For the things that she does

On the mattress, whoa

Soon she's gonna find

Stealing other people's toys

On the playground won't

Make you many friends

She should keep in mind

There is nothing I do better than revenge

I sang, and sang, finally finishing the song. I took a deep breathe, glad it was over, for now. Also praying to heaven above that I made it through.

"Well, I thought you were quite good, love." Harry said.

"FabLOUIS!!!" Louis shouted. Then held out a carrot for me. I took it, and giggled.

"Well, you were truly great, I hope you go all the way!" Zayn said, smiling.

"Very good! But you would be even better if you would have brought Nando's!!" Niall, obviously.

"Well I agree with all the boys, you were wonderful. Plus Louis never shares his carrots, so you have the best wishes. Your defiantly going to be here for a long while." Liam said.

I said my thank you's and stepped out of the room, where I found two people. One I loved and one I would rather hit in the face. And I'm not a violent person.

My best friend Grace Jefferson, and my worst enemy, Janet Cabot. Janet smirked an evil smirk. Oh how I hate her. Her father is the host on X~Factor, so she believes she is going to win and all that. Needless to say, she is a rich girl, with a high ego. She hates me because she feels I am a threat, when all I want to do is sing.

"Good job, James. But don't think by batting your eyes your going to get through. We all know who is the real winner here, you don't stand a chance. Godbye ladies, have a nice pity party." She said, walking away and shaking her butt at the same time.

"I swear Gracie. If she shakes her butt anymore, it will fall right off." We both cracked up. And then I tripped back ward, but was caught before I hit the ground. I looked up at Gracie, she was staring at whatever caught me. I turned and caught my breathe, seeing who it was.

I was just saved from having a soar butt....by Liam Payne.