Twenty four

One month later

"Wake up you lazy ass!" Anna yelled in my ear. "Anna! Shut up." I groaned and pulled the blanket farther up.

"No, come on! You have to go to work soon anyway." She pointed out. I mentally slapped myself. "Ugh fine but only if you make me pancakes." I whined. She laughed. "Okay sweetheart. Bye the way, Scar's in the living room, watching Barney."

She left my room and I just about fell out of bed.

I was exhausted.

Last night, Scarlett didn't want to sleep at all so neither did I.

"If you don't swim, you'll drown, so don't move honey! 'Cause you look so perfect standing there in my American apparel underwear! And I know now that I'm so down." The radio was blasting in the kitchen and She Looks So Perfect was playing, again.

I sighed as I stepped into the hot shower. I couldn't wait for next week, Anna, Emily and I were going to be flying out to Atlanta to see our boys for a whole month! And Candice, being the amazing soul she is, agreed to take off of work and stay with Scarlett, since she was still too young to be on an airplane.

I finished my shower, put my hair into a messy bun and put on my ever so unattractive work uniform and went out to the kitchen.

I scooped up Scarlett and blew raspberries into her chubby arms. She giggled, a new sound that she'd discovered she could make. I adored her, her laugh was like music to my ears.

"Hi baby Scarlett, hello beautiful!" I cooed and kissed her head. "Mummy's off to work now. I love you baby."

I set her back down, grabbed an apple and yelled goodbye to Anna.

All through, work my mind was drifting. Between Scarlett, Michael and Lux, my schedule was basically jam packed.

At home, Anna was sitting in the lounge room with a sleeping Scarlett in her arms and Candice next to her.

"Oh hey Candy." I said nonchalantly. "Hey Lily." She replied and waved. I walked over to them and plopped down on the floor, holding my arms open for Scarlett.

Anna handed her over somewhat reluctantly and crossed her legs.

"Okay will someone please tell me what's going on?" I asked. Candice glanced at Anna. "Are you going to tell her, or should I?" She asked. "Tell me what?" I demanded. Anna looked at me with excitement.

"Olivia called today." She started.

"And..."

"Well basically Luke's birthday is in a few days and we're flying out tonight instead of Friday so we don't have to miss it. They're having a joint party for Luke and Ashton." She explained. My jaw dropped. "Are you serious? What about work? I'm scheduled for twenty more hours!" I pointed out.

"I talked to your boss and he agreed to let you come, he's even giving you paid non-work hours." Anna said sheepishly.

"You... you are so sneaky!" I giggled.

"She's good, isn't she?" Candice agreed. "I never suspected a thing! How long have you been planning this?" I asked. "Since Ashton's birthday."

"Whoa! Oh my god, I can't believe I didn't catch on. Is that why you've been working so many extra hours?" I asked. She nodded. "So I could afford to take an entire week extra off."

"Oh my god, thank you so much, Anna I love you!"

I handed Scarlett to Candice and stood up so I could hug my very best friend in the entire world.